HELP!!! Dual temp. remote probes...

MTHank

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
All the feed back I read about "Dual temp. remote probes" is pretty negative. I know most of the time people complain about the bad but don't say much when they are happy with something. Most all I hear and read is that "Use them once and they never work again or temps are way off or probes break or, or, or...” Seems nobody is really happy with "Dual temp. probes". Is this true or is there anybody out there with some positive feed back about a probe that they are happy with??? and that will last??? Sure could use some help on this. Thanks...

I'm happy with my NuTemp system EXCEPT for the range. Otherwise it works fine. The master station will handle up to three remote transmitters and will display them in a rotating display so you can see all three temps, one at a time.

I'm very satisfied with my Maverick ET-7 Dual Remote...I get about 75 feet range out of it and the temp gauge is dead on.....It took me a little while to figure out how to set it for extended cooking temps though, not in the documentation....like who would dare cook meats to 210*?

we just bought a NuTemp system and used it at the Oinktoberfest this past weekend. two words, love it.

If you buy one make sure that you get a set of those small jewelers screwdrivers, the batteries on the remotes have 4 small screws holding them in. A bit of a PIA, but not bad if you have the tools. My other complaint about it might be that the remote can be set to alert you if the temp drops too low or if it goes too high but not both. It would be nice to have a unit that would trip an alarm for both.

We did have a remote sensor go bad and am in the process of trying to return it now, will let you know how the customer service, but from what I have heard from others, I am not expecting a problem.

All in all a very nice unit and am overall happy with the way it performed.

I tossed a new temp unit in the trash. Get a Stoker and hook it up to your laptop as many probes as you want. You do not have to use a laptop but its alot more fun that way.:lol:

I have a baby monitor and just listen for the alarms. Can also listen to the neighbors :wink:

I have a maverick 73 and it works well. Save alot of running up and down the back stairs.
Thanks
Mike
Swinebuck

I have the Nu Temp with 3 probes, it's awesome. I also own the Maverick, Nu Temp takes the take on quality, range, you name it.

I tossed a new temp unit in the trash. Get a Stoker and hook it up to your laptop as many probes as you want. You do not have to use a laptop but its alot more fun that way.:lol:

Not really a serious solution at $180 if the guy wants to read pit temp and temp on one meat.

Not really a serious solution at $180 if the guy wants to read pit temp and temp on one meat.
Ok that was the short answer. I had a Nu Temp and had nothing but trouble with it. Broken leads pour range and faulty transmitters. My point with Stoker is Rock will repair any damaged leads for a lot less than Nu Temp sells the replacement lead for. So you pay a little more but you get a lot for it. Plus with Nu Temp you have a max probe count of 3 no one has maxed out a stoker yet.

Back