KCBS Online Cook/Judges Registration

Rich Parker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I was just reading the March Bullsheet and noticed this in the marketing committee report for the January 13th minutes.

MMA has been developing a special program that would allow organizers
to sign up teams and judges on-line and would include additional
functions to make organizers’ work easier and would enhance the integrity
and credibility of KCBS.

Would you sign up for a competition sooner if it was this simple? I don't have any information on included features but do you think it would be useful if it didn't include a way to pay your entry fee?

I'd sign up online, but want to lay with my BBQ team checks...

I was just reading the March Bullsheet and noticed this in the marketing committee report for the January 13th minutes.

Would you sign up for a competition sooner if it was this simple? I don't have any information on included features but do you think it would be useful if it didn't include a way to pay your entry fee?

I assume it's the same system that they used for the Sam's Club events. I used it to sign up for 3 judges spots and one competition.

What I like about it is that you can see how fast a comp is filling up and get your registration in before getting shut out.

This is the second year we have had online judges registration. Judges love it,
and it has made my job easier.

We are transitioning to online for the teams. Sign up is easy. Still doing mailing of check due to costs involved with online pay options.

Something central at the state or national level would be great.

This is the second year we have had online judges registration. Judges love it,
and it has made my job easier.

We are transitioning to online for the teams. Sign up is easy. Still doing mailing of check due to costs involved with online pay options.

Something central at the state or national level would be great.

the rmbbqa has a judge's liaison program. there are 15 kcbs/rmbbqa contests that judges can register for all in one place. makes a judges life easy.

I love the online sign up idea....but, playing devil's advocate, if you get teams that sign up and then back out wouldn't it cause headaches for the comp. if that happened.....if you send a check in at the time you register you are held to participating in that comp. vs. just signing up and then just not showing for whatever reason but, don't get me wrong I love the online sign up option.....as far as teams signing up the costs for paying online cant be all that much so just pass the charge along to the teams I would gladly pay the minimal fee to know that my check is received and I am good to go for that comp. ....I can't stand when you send a check into a comp. organizer and its weeks and weeks before you here back that they did or did not receive your check

Guys it already exists. Www.compbbq.com. we have 3 kcbs contests online and have 2 more being added in the next week. Danville, Il and Cullman, AL will be online in next week.

We have had a team already backout and since we use paypal we can refund at a push of a button. Additionally with paypal Scottie can pay online with his check on paypal.

CompBBQ you can register for a free account so when a contest you want to cook you sign in and it already has your team inof etc. The Smokin On Big Creek contest in Pleasant Hill, MO March 30-31st has had 70 teams register and 57 paid on line 2 sent checks and 11 have not paid. Makes the organizers job easy because all the entries write to a table that is downloaded into csv file. Smokin On Big Creek only accepted judges registration online. Go to www.compbbq.com and try the sample registration and see how it works. Much more detailed then the Sams Club registration.

Guys it already exists. Www.compbbq.com. we have 3 kcbs contests online and have 2 more being added in the next week. Danville, Il and Cullman, AL will be online in next week.

We have had a team already backout and since we use paypal we can refund at a push of a button. Additionally with paypal Scottie can pay online with his check on paypal.

CompBBQ you can register for a free account so when a contest you want to cook you sign in and it already has your team inof etc. The Smokin On Big Creek contest in Pleasant Hill, MO March 30-31st has had 70 teams register and 57 paid on line 2 sent checks and 11 have not paid. Makes the organizers job easy because all the entries write to a table that is downloaded into csv file. Smokin On Big Creek only accepted judges registration online. Go to www.compbbq.com and try the sample registration and see how it works. Much more detailed then the Sams Club registration.

Thanks for the info Stan. I have forwarded it to a couple of MI organizers

This seems like a good idea.... But I hate to bring this up, but doesn't this have a slight whiff of big brother? I would hate KCBS national to become the sanctioning body and promoter all at the same time. I am concerned that KCBS sometimes forgets that it is just a sanctioning body, and not everything that is BBQ. I am weary of large organizations that appear to mean well....

This seems like a good idea.... But I hate to bring this up, but doesn't this have a slight whiff of big brother? I would hate KCBS national to become the sanctioning body and promoter all at the same time. I am concerned that KCBS sometimes forgets that it is just a sanctioning body, and not everything that is BBQ. I am weary of large organizations that appear to mean well....

CompBBQ is not KCBS and that is why I posted that as an option available today. I doubt that KCBS does this. It is just a one dimensional though the contest fee. Many contests have side categories, extra spaces, porta potties etc. That is not included in there's.

Back