Cascade Country Cook-Off Chehalis WA PNWBA

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I cooked the Cascade Country Cook-Off in Chehalis WA this past weekend. This is where I got my start at the Competition Cooking class last year and I got bit by the bug! 18 teams and 15 Cooking class teams on Saturday.

Dan from Lonestar Smokers and Dale from Cider-House BBQ-class instructors

100_2872.jpg

Midnight Ramblers BBQ
100_2873.jpg

100_2874.jpg

Swamprb and Second Place Brisket Ribbon

100_2893.jpg

Doc's Pit RGC

100_2897.jpg

Dances With Smoke GC

100_2898.jpg

I finished 13th with a Second Place for Brisket, cooking solo. Using 2 Drums and a WSM. I had a lot of fun but need more experience, please critique my turn in boxes- I'd appreciate the input.

100_2875.jpg

100_2876.jpg

100_2877.jpg

100_2878.jpg

I'm not seeing anything wrong with those boxes...they look great as usual! :p Maybe a little more suace / glaze / color on the chicken?

I had heard there were no comps in the Pacific Northwest.

Looks like a great time. Some rather famous Brethren have scored 13th place in comps. You are in good company. Great job.

This was a great contest and a good time was had by all! Thanks for all the help, Brian, shleping all my stuff the seemingly miles from the rv park to the contest. My wife and I finished 7th overall with a best of 4th in brisket. That is the best we have done all year, so I guess we are pretty happy....

Larry, I don't know where you heard that, but BBQ in the PNW is stronger than ever! 18 events this year, and what we belive is the biggest money event on the west coast comming up in two weeks at the state fair in Salem, Oregon!

Yeah, I was in space #13 too, shoulda worn my Lucky 13 T-shirt.

Back