Beer Can Chicken Holder Suggestions?

BBQCookin

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have one that Raichlen sells and am generally happy with it. Except the cost (around $30). Looking to buy a couple of holders for about half that price, with center cylinders. Any suggestions?

Lowes has these:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_289146-1337...s_4294857755_4294937087_?Ns=p_product_price|1

050904004406lg.jpg

I bought two for eight dollars.

I use this but I don't remember where I got it.

Last edited:
Can you get someone to weld up some stainless ones for you? This is one of my sets..

ka4lzq.jpg

I've got a couple that I'd give ya...
Since I started doing my chickens and turkeys Spatchcock...I have no use for them.:clap2:

I have used a few different setups but this one is my favorite. Plus, you get all the juices and can render off the fat. Got the stands at Lowes I think and they're very cheap, maybe $5-8 for two. I never use a real can. With this setup I put whatever juices I want in the pan and let them do their thing. It's the best system I have found:

Setup.jpg

Thanks boys!

Abelman: not using a can, you still get the juices and flavorings working for you from the pan?

That bike is great! That chicken looks darn happy, considering...

I just use the can itself and the chicken stands up just fine. I would like to get a turkey sized vertical holder though.

Thanks boys!

Abelman: not using a can, you still get the juices and flavorings working for you from the pan?

Yeah, it works fine as long as you plug the neck with an apple or a large jalapeno. This setup makes the best beer can style I have ever tried in all honesty.

Yeah, it works fine as long as you plug the neck with an apple or a large jalapeno. This setup makes the best beer can style I have ever tried in all honesty.

Wondered about flavors "escaping" from the neck: i'll use your suggestions and mix-n-match my liquids with different plugs. Thanks!

That chicken motorcycle is very cool. Where'd you get that?

I just pull the skin over and use toothpicks to hold the skin in place

Back