USDA Prime Ribeyes

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Costco had USDA prime ribeyes on sale this weekend that I couldn't pass up.

I seasoned them up with some salt, pepper, and garlic and a hint of Smokin Guns Hot for a little kick.

picture.php

I fired up the Bubba Keg and got it 700 degrees F.

Here are the results. Everyone enjoyed them.

picture.php

Thanks for looking.

OK, that might be the best pr0n of the year. Melt in your mouth goodness right there. :thumb:

Would love to try prime rib eyes just out of my price range. How did they compare to choice big difference or not? They look great.

Would love to try prime rib eyes just out of my price range. How did they compare to choice big difference or not? They look great.

These were more tender and a bit more juicy than the choice ribeyes I usually buy. I understand the price thing. But, these were the same price as what my butcher gets for choice. So, I splurged. :-D

I have never seen prime beef in the store. I think I would drop the coin on it if I did though. It had to be magnificent. Beautiful prOn man.

And according to the price on that tag, I would be punched square in the snizards by the wife if I did buy them.

And according to the price on that tag, I would be punched square in the snizards by the wife if I did buy them.

$13.99 per pound. Not bad for prime around here. The two other places in town that sell prime ribeyes get between $19 to $23 per pound.

Ours is at $8.99 for choice which is what I almost always get. One time I sprung for Prime and they were unbelievable. Prefect. Sensational.

Someday I shall do that again . . .

$13.99 per pound. Not bad for prime around here. The two other places in town that sell prime ribeyes get between $19 to $23 per pound.

Wow, I thought we were paying high prices. I just got some choice ribeyes from Winn-Dixie for 7.99/lb. I love that cut but I would have to go without for $42/3 steaks. In a year from now things will be different but right now as a full time RN student, the prime will have to hang with the employed....:doh:

Never the less it is a beautifully cooked and even more beautiful cut of meat!!

Wow, I thought we were paying high prices. I just got some choice ribeyes from Winn-Dixie for 7.99/lb. I love that cut but I would have to go without for $42/3 steaks. In a year from now things will be different but right now as a full time RN student, the prime will have to hang with the employed....:doh:

Never the less it is a beautifully cooked and even more beautiful cut of meat!!

I understand. My youngest daughter is starting college next year so that will put a damper on my high end meat purchases.
She will be studying Nursing, BTW.

The $13.99/lb choice Rbs are locally grown beef from my butcher. A couple of supermarkets have sales from time to time for RBs at around $7 - $8 per pound.

Back