• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren Throwdown..."Sauces, Mops, & Glazes"...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
"Sauces, Mops, & Glazes"...As chosen by last weeks throwdown winner..."thirdeye"...

Here are the rules...

1) It has to be grilled or smoked.
2) It has to be cooked during the current "throwdown" week...(Mon-Sun).
3) All pics must be submitted by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on Monday.
4) 3 pics per entry max.

The voting will begin on Monday evening after I've posted "vote" thread!
You will have until Friday to vote.

***Personal note...this will the last throwdown that I will be officiating. If anyone is interested in continuing the weekly throwdowns feel free to jump on in. JD***

***Personal note...this will the last throwdown that I will be officiating. If anyone is interested in continuing the weekly throwdowns feel free to jump on in. JD***

Talk about using the fine print to spread the news... :biggrin:

All I can say is, you had fine idea and have done a fantastic job organizing these Throwdowns.

Yeah a huge thanks to you JD. I hope this will continue but I'm sure it ate up a bunch of your time and for that I'm sure everyone is thankful.

I've only competed in a couple but they were a lot of fun. Even more fun to watch the entries everyone put in. Thanks for the time and effort. You really started something here.

I would be willing to try my hand at it for a few weeks.

Soooooooooooo......

The winner of this weeks throwdown will get to choose the next throwdown category!

I think we need a new Throwdown sub-forum. Phil?

Way to go, JD!

Maybe the Throwdowns should be every other week and we get a list of guys/gals to oversee each Throwdown. That way nobody is stuck doing it weekly and there is time between each one for guy/gals to plan. Maybe a calendar of the weeks they happen and see if we can get volunteers to oversee them.

They were fun to enter and spectate.

So... Is this weeks TD supposed to be on food or in the raw? Heck a bottle of Kraft could be entered.

I assume we need original concoctions...:wink:

And THANKS JD for starting this. I know it had to take a lot of your time to keep it all strait.

Please refer to the original rules. Cooking on a grill or smoker is required. No rules are set as to what food item will be sauced, mopped or glazed. No stipulations have been made about homemade versus store bought, so a bottle of KC Masterpiece has an equal chance of glazing the winning entry as a homemmade concoction... according to the rules anyway:wink:

Here are the rules...

1) It has to be grilled or smoked.
2) It has to be cooked during the current "throwdown" week...(Mon-Sun).
3) All pics must be submitted by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on Monday.
4) 3 pics per entry max.

Please refer to the original rules. Cooking on a grill or smoker is required. No rules are set as to what food item will be sauced, mopped or glazed. No stipulations have been made about homemade versus store bought, so a bottle of KC Masterpiece has an equal chance of glazing the winning entry as a homemmade concoction... according to the rules anyway:wink:

Got it, Grilled, Smoked and Cooked! :shock: Sure wish I had a better camera!

My camera is dead at the moment!:lol: So the best I have is a camera phone. Needless to say, I'm not going to be entering until the other camera is fixed or replaced.:wink: The photo skills are just too good here.

So... Is this weeks TD supposed to be on food or in the raw? Heck a bottle of Kraft could be entered.

I assume we need original concoctions...:wink:

And THANKS JD for starting this. I know it had to take a lot of your time to keep it all strait.

Collagesauce-1.jpg

When I posted this lead in picture, I guess I intended for the entries to show off the use of a sauce, a mop or a glaze, and it did not matter if it was a cooked-on sauce or a table sauce, as long as it was on something that came off your cooker. Home made was never mentioned, so store bought products are fine.

I assumed the sauce would be on something, but lets say you were reducing a pan of sauce on the cooker, and took a picture of it....that would be legal too.​

I am glad that pron you posted Thirdeye is old and cannot be used in this weeks Throwdown, a couple of those would be tough to beat.

Very interesting choice of subjects, glad I got some time to enter this week, I have borrowed a camera from a buddy, just gotta figure out how to set it for pron instead of longer distance shots.

I'm getting an early start on this weeks entry....early in the week, and early in the day. :biggrin: I have some of the nicest :?::?::?::?: :?::?::?::?::?::?: I have ever seen ready to hit the pit. I hope I don't blow this.

DSC06762JPGaa.jpg

Last edited:
I tried grilling some homemade sauce and it kept falling through the grates!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Great idea for a bash, I can't wait to see the entries.

Thanks for all the kind words folks...I'm not going anywhere...just passing the baton to the next brother or sister...besides...I need the extra time to try to win one of these things! :twisted:

Back