New gasket on the Egg

Ross in Ventura

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
DSC_0002-96.jpg

The old gasket is in pretty bad shape
DSC_0004-76.jpg

DSC_0006-61.jpg

Going with the Rutland gasket this time and Permatex Ultra Copper for the adhesive
DSC_0007-59.jpg

Found one of the spring bolts loose and fixed
DSC_0009-48.jpg

When you take the bands off you want to make sure you put the retainer bars on it makes it a lot easier
DSC_0017-16.jpg

All cleaned up, with the Rutland gasket you do not have to do the top.
DSC_0019-21.jpg

All back together I put some weight in the back where the seam is and well close later tonight after it's all set.

Ross

nice job! where'd you get the rutland, ross? looks like it'll be a tight seal and i like the no gasket on the dome. i've always wanted to try that rutland. how old was your original gasket?

What are you thoughts on putting the gasket on the top only. My thinking is it would keep grease and sauce off the gasket.

Nate

nice job! where'd you get the rutland, ross? looks like it'll be a tight seal and i like the no gasket on the dome. i've always wanted to try that rutland. how old was your original gasket?

I got it at ace hardware outlet .com. I'll sent you a link but the stock number is for the one that I got but the picture is for 3/8W 7 ftL you want 5/8 and 7 feet
I hope that makes sense
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1275987&clickid=body_rv_img

Ross

What are you thoughts on putting the gasket on the top only. My thinking is it would keep grease and sauce off the gasket.

Nate

i like the dome naked so i don't have to worry about flames and flambe's. only you can prevent grease and sauce off the bottom. :biggrin:

Thanks for the link. Just ordered one and will put it on in the spring. I'll be about due by then.

Back