Austin Sam's Club trays

chromesporty

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Here is what I turned in in Austin. It was my first KCBS contest, so pick 'em apart and tell me where I can improve. Sorry 'bout the quality of the pics. All critique is welcome.

Attachments

• Austin chicken.jpg
    Austin chicken.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 209
  • Austin ribs.jpg
    Austin ribs.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 209
  • Austin pork.jpg
    Austin pork.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 208
  • Austin brisket.jpg
    Austin brisket.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 208
Your first contest and you took home TWO seconds!?!?!?! Holy smoke. That is awesome, congrats!!!!!! We took 12th in pork and 15th in chicken, if we could have your brisket and ribs we are holding a big trophy!

Looks like you had good pull back on your rib bones. I'd turn them around so they're toward the front. Show em off!:thumb:

I'd rotate the chicken 90 degrees so it's 2 across and 3 down.

Ribs look beautiful. I agree with INMitch about putting the bones towards the front.

Pork looks unorganized. Like it was just thrown in the box. Get rid of the loose strands and line everything up.

Brisket looks moist and tasty. Just watch the spacing.

Is it the picture or is the sauce pooling on the top of the brisket? That is the first thing i noticed when looking at that box but other than that it looks delicious and I am glad i had you in my top ten. :thumb:

You got paid, didn't you;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I by far am not a judge but yes turn the chicken and the ribs. Looks like there was puddling on the brisket and the ribs. Congrats though. Nice work.

Don't let him fool you now. It may be his first KCBS, but it ain't Larry's first cookoff.

Nice work Larry. Go get'em in Ft Worth hoss.

We didn't make top 7, so we're not an automatic. Have to hope for 1 of the 2 wildcards, or a couple of people that finished ahead of us don't go, and we get a passdown.

Judge's scores for appearance:

Chicken 798888
Ribs 988999
Pork 978979
Brisket 998889

Back