Stuck In A Rut? Feeling Blue(smoke)? 🔥👨*🍳

Great book, at a great price. I have a couple of copies, and the kindle version. Kindle is the way to go. I don't know why they even make paper books anymore.

I too prefer print for reference books. To the OP, the sister book, "Sublime Smoke" is good too.

One of the first BBQ books I bought.

And I still use it. Thanks for the reminder.

Gave my copy to my BIL when he got his WSM. Got lots of BBQ books but wish I had that one back. Maybe it's time to buy another copy - printed version.

Thanks for the recommendation Adams, ordered a used hard copy for a really good price!

Great book, at a great price. I have a couple of copies, and the kindle version. Kindle is the way to go. I don't know why they even make paper books anymore.
They lie flat where you put them, they are decorative, require no power source, paper bookmarks can be left in them-or not, you can make notes in the margins, and "Format? We don't need no stinkin' format"!

Patty loved her kindle and she was an avid reader!

I have to stare at computer screens for work so I'm old school on hardcover books. :)

They lie flat where you put them, they are decorative, require no power source, paper bookmarks can be left in them-or not, you can make notes in the margins, and "Format? We don't need no stinkin' format"!

Ever try reading in the dark? I can set as many bookmarks, as I want. I can not only take notes, I can search them. I don't have to store, and dust them, and I can pack 1000 books around in my pocket. I'm not a big fan of decoration and clutter. To each their own.

Ever try reading in the dark? I can set as many bookmarks, as I want. I can not only take notes, I can search them. I don't have to store, and dust them, and I can pack 1000 books around in my pocket. I'm not a big fan of decoration and clutter. To each their own.
E readers are great for novels and just reading. Not so good when your hands are messy while cooking.
And why would you be reading a cookbook in the dark when you need light to see to cook?

E readers are great for novels and just reading. Not so good when your hands are messy while cooking.
And why would you be reading a cookbook in the dark when you need light to see to cook?

My dark comment, was about you saying, books don't need electric. I generally print recipes out, to take to the kitchen. I don't take my cookbooks to the kitchen either. I will write the recipe out. Messy hands are just as bad with a cookbook. I do most of my reading before bed, and maybe I'm strange, but I read cookbooks at night.

My dark comment, was about you saying, books don't need electric. I generally print recipes out, to take to the kitchen. I don't take my cookbooks to the kitchen either. I will write the recipe out. Messy hands are just as bad with a cookbook. I do most of my reading before bed, and maybe I'm strange, but I read cookbooks at night.
I have a few E cookbooks, the ones I liked I bought paper copies of. Or printed out copies of the recipes to put in a 3 ring binder with notes of modifications that worked. The best cookbooks I own predate computers, many were inherited, stained, with notes in the margin. Our copy of Joy of Cooking has paper bookmarks that have been there for up to 39 years.

Our favorite oatmeal cookie recipe is one of the bookmarks-we always know where to find it.
And paper cookbooks wipe off when splashed. And don't break when they slip off the counter.

I have a few E cookbooks, the ones I liked I bought paper copies of. Or printed out copies of the recipes to put in a 3 ring binder with notes of modifications that worked. The best cookbooks I own predate computers, many were inherited, stained, with notes in the margin. Our copy of Joy of Cooking has paper bookmarks that have been there for up to 39 years.

Our favorite oatmeal cookie recipe is one of the bookmarks-we always know where to find it.
And paper cookbooks wipe off when splashed. And don't break when they slip off the counter.

I have some books like that too. Some of my sausage making books, don't even need bookmarks, they just fall open to the right pages. I buy all new books electronic though. Reading peoples comments, apparently I am in the minority though.

Searching and 'goto' with a kindle (I have two) I find to be a real pain. For reference books (cookbook, catalog ...) I prefer paper because a quick flutter through with my thumb gets me there much easier. For just reading cover-to-cover Kindles rock.

The web browser readers for both kindle and google books are great. They also have phone apps which work just as well. I love my old cookbooks, but now a days I go e-Book for all of them and love the convenience over physical.

Thanks for the Smoke&Spice tip I added it to my library.

Cowpoke Pintos— check it out
Page 397 in print version.

I don’t own a Kindle (wife uses hers everyday). I can’t remember ever touching it. She also uses library books and loaners from friends. She likes novels and mysteries- I like cooking non fiction history and biographies magazines and short gun articles.

She is a voracious reader
I am a scanner
Opposites Attract

Cowpoke Pintos— check it out
Page 397 in print version

That'd be location 8774 in the e-Book (it's science!)

Looks good , gonna give em a try!

MbO3RTy.png

Back