Need ideas for a day of drinking and smoking some snacks

Bob in St. Louis

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Ok. So here's the deal.
I've got a buddy coming over this weekend. I'm not doing a butt, I'm not doing a brisket, I'm not doing anything large. The idea is to have the smoker going all damn day and cook nothing but "snacks".
We're planning a day of performing nothing productive, drinking lots of cocktails, and "grazing" all day long.
The only smoked food he's had was the usual PP or brisket at local restaurants, so I want to show him how real men have fun. The guy will probably be here 10 hours or so, so there'll be plenty of time to sample the goodies throughout the day.

Of course there will be spiced cream cheese filled Jalapenos, those are nice. I'll probably do a fattie so he can experience the magic of those. Of course, very high on my list are the "pig shots" that have received so much exposure here recently.

What else should I do? What sounds good for this situation.

regardless the situation, always a rack of ribs, they slice uyp nice, and everyone appreciates them.

Good ideas guy. Thanks!
I've seen some epic fattie threads with LOTS of great ideas and tons of pron.
However, I have yet to find an equivelant moink thread. Links please?

Not really relevant, but I just noticed this in your sig:

"Meat eater. Woodworker. PS3 Gamer. Home Theater Guy. Beer Drinker."

I think we would get along well. Nailed every one of my hobbies right there, although I split gaming time between PS3 and PC.

I think between the ABTs, MOINKs, ribs, pig shots and fatties, you're going to be pretty well fed. I'll add just one more, Shrimp Diablo.
Take a u16 (Jumbo) shrimp and butterfly it. Into the cavity in the back, add a thin slice of jalapeno (or hotter pepper if you desire) and a THIN ribbon of seasoned cream cheese. Ziplock bag with just the tiniest bit of the corner cut off to be used as a piping bag works well here. Wrap it in bacon and smoke at a fairly high temp until the bacon's crispy. If your smoker is running at a lower temp, smoke for about an hour and then toss on a hot grill to sear the bacon. They're REALLY good.

Definitely sausage of some sort
Wings
Smoke a small piece of salmon to mix with cream cheese for a dip
A slab of ribs is a great idea
ABT’s are great
Mini meatloaf’s
Moinks
Pork tenderloin kebobs, rubbed and served with different sauces
Bacon wrapped chicken breast

Plan wisely though, I try this every summer at the lake house with some buds, and you’ll be amazed how little food you actually eat once the drinks start flowing.

You need to finish strong at the end of the night though, I would recommend a pizza to help soak up some the booze. A homemade pizza would be awesome, but I’ve been known to throw a couple frozen pizzas on the smoker at the end of a good party. Trust me, after 10 hours of meat and drinking you’ll welcome a nice cheesy pie.

If you provide enough liquid appetizers a bag of BBQ chips and a bottle of ranch dressing and a few mountain oysters is all you need:biggrin1: .

Oh yea....now we're talkin'!
Although, in one of those threads y'all linked to, I manage to run across the term "rectum rockets" in reference to the Armadillo eggs.
I'm sitting here at work giggling like a little school girl. ha ha ha ha

Great stuff fellas. Please keep 'em coming!

- Looks like the Armadillo eggs are a for sure. I'd not seen those yet.
- Love the bacon wrapped shrimp idea, that's a new one too.
- The pizza idea I love, but I'm afraid it'll be too filling and we'll not want to eat the rest of the food.

Allegry, you play BF3 on PS3?

Definitely sausage of some sort
Wings
Smoke a small piece of salmon to mix with cream cheese for a dip
A slab of ribs is a great idea
ABT’s are great
Mini meatloaf’s
Moinks
Pork tenderloin kebobs, rubbed and served with different sauces
Bacon wrapped chicken breast

Plan wisely though, I try this every summer at the lake house with some buds, and you’ll be amazed how little food you actually eat once the drinks start flowing.

You need to finish strong at the end of the night though, I would recommend a pizza to help soak up some the booze. A homemade pizza would be awesome, but I’ve been known to throw a couple frozen pizzas on the smoker at the end of a good party. Trust me, after 10 hours of meat and drinking you’ll welcome a nice cheesy pie.

Wut He said !!! Sounds Like an Absolute Blast though

Back