Tiger Sauce

Birdie

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get large bottles of Tiger Sauce? Can only find it at Publix here and they only have 5 oz bottles. Started making the Shack Attack sauce and its a hit so need a larger quantity of Tiger Sauce.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Try here:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001SB54JC/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0005ZUG86&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0VGF4V28AHTZF6XR994B"]Amazon.com: Try Me, Sauce Tiger, 10 OZ (Pack of 6): Health & Personal Care[/ame]

Not a bad price.

Just bought some from Wally World last weekend, but don't have the receipt and it was only a 5oz bottle.

wallace

It's a hot sauce with a little sweet touch to it, tastes really good.

Thanks for the replies, gives me some options instead of buying out the store stock every time :D

If you feel adventurous.:decision:
Not the real deal but as part of a recipe it might work?

Mock Tiger Sauce
12 ounces pickled hot cherry peppers, drained (reserve 2 ounces of juice from the jar)
2 (12 ounce) cans tamarind nectar (in the Mexican ethnic food aisle)
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup distilled white vinegar
1 1/2 cups sugar (more to taste)
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons sea salt
1/2 cup marsala or 1/2 cup dry sherry
1 (1 3/4 ounce) package pectin

Directions:
Place items in nonreactive stockpot. Cover, bring to a brisk boil for three minutes. Reduce heat and simmer for an additional 20 minutes. Let cool slightly and process in stages in a blender.
Cool and bottle.

I have heard of the sauce before but I have never tried it.
What are the best uses for it?

I have heard of the sauce before but I have never tried it.
What are the best uses for it?

Johnny Triggs made it famous by putting it on ribs, and winning. And since most ideas in BBQ are not original, everyone ran out to buy a bottle and try it on ribs!!!!!!

I took Mr. Triggs cooking class years ago when he first started doing them, and he put that dang Tiger Sauce on everything!!

Anyone know where to get large bottles of Tiger Sauce? Can only find it at Publix here and they only have 5 oz bottles. Started making the Shack Attack sauce and its a hit so need a larger quantity of Tiger Sauce.

Why didn't you just google it like everyone else did?

What does Tiger Sauce taste like? Is there any kind of substitute that can be used?

mother trucker... hit the backspace and the browser went back. dagnabit. ok, slightly shorter version of my answer.. no, there's no real sub. i've used it for some JT ribs and it was really good. next batch we spikedour rib sauce up with some franks and they were along the same line in heat as the JT/Tiger sauce versions..

the link above for food service dot com is a good price (don't know about the shipping cost). you can find you a local restuaurant and schmooze the manager into ordering you a gallon or a case. they can seperate invoice it from the vendor and you just pay them prior to it being delivered. at usfoods and sysco, $100 a case..if they have it in stock.

well, so much for the short version..

Back