OK, so here's the plan.....

Hoorenga

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
For now I have settled on the Bandera smoker. I know it won't be my last but at least it will get me into all wood burning fairly easily without breaking the bank. I will put off the dream of building a brick pit untill I find some free bricks. Should be an old fallen down building around her some where. A couple of years ago there were heaps of free bricks on the side of the street near where I work because of an earthquake. Everyone had chimney damage and was having them replaced. The masons put the bricks out by the street with a "FREE" sing on them hoping they wouldn't have to haul them off.

Now all I have to do is find a Bandera! Any one in Washington know where or how I can get one? I called the Chargriller company and they said that Lowe's and Home Depot carried them. I think he was mistaken. Aparently the stores out West don't carry them. The BBQ craze hasn't caught on here yet. I have heard that some folks have gone to the manager of a Home Depot and gotten them shipped. I tried doing that at both Lowe's and Home Depot with no luck. I was suprised to find that Costco carries them on line and will ship one to my home but they want $400 for one. Seems that from what I read here that they run around $200 elswhere. I'm sure the extra is for shipping. I want to thank all of my brothers for bearing with me through my search for the ideal smoker.

Bro Doug

Good luck with the bandera hunt. My wife confessed that she had given up the search after about two weeks of looking. She did find a couple, but they had been on the shelf for a while and were pretty well beat up. Lowes in Atlanta carries the BSKD, but my wife got a military discount at Northern Tool. Anyway, I am thrilled to have recieved this smoker for my B-day.

Keep in mind that not all bricks are suitable for building a fireplace with.

Sounds like a good plan. Do a search for Quest in the forum - I think there was some good info in there about Bandera/BSKD searches and SKU numbers, etc.

Good luck in your search. Finding a cooker like you want where you live may be more difficult that you think. Always keep the WSM in the back of your mind.

Back