Playin' with the products....

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I've been buying a few new products to try over recent weeks and having some fun trying them out. Here is what I played with last night:
Started with some pork steak, and I believe I got the basic recipe from a Landarc post? I must apologize, I usually make note on the recipe as to where it came from. I did a search and couldn't find the thread, so if this sounds familiar to someone feel free to chime in, but I digress.

The pork steak. First I seasoned it up with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and granulated garlic. Then I seared/grilled it direct over high heat, placed in foil pan. I then made a sauce as follows...1/3 Blues Hog Original, 1/3 Blues Hog Tennessee red and 1/3 beer, just the cheap stuff. I poured this over the steaks, foiled and threw those in a 350* oven for 90 minutes. Came out real tastey.
Porkstkandchicthighs001_zps40521308.jpg

Porkstkandchicthighs007_zps69ca4bb3.jpg

Porkstkandchicthighs008_zps124afdc3.jpg

Porkstkandchicthighs009_zps3b972702.jpg

Porkstkandchicthighs012_zpsba166a99.jpg

Porkstkandchicthighs013_zpsf60446a8.jpg

Porkstkandchicthighs014_zpsafce143c.jpg

Porkstkandchicthighs015_zpsabd19d7e.jpg

This was very good, will definitely do this again, really like the Bues Hog sauces. Next time I might try it with Tastey Licks secret sauce.

I also did some chicken thighs, half with Plowboys Yardbird, which I have already used and love, and also tried Tastey Licks Savory Chicken. I hadn't had that one before, and it turned out very good as well. I brined the thighs first in a simple brine, then seasoned up and cooked indirect around 350-375* to an IT of 160*.
Porkstkandchicthighs002_zpsfd6028c7.jpg

Brined and rinsed.
Porkstkandchicthighs005_zpsaa0507d0.jpg

Yardbird.
Porkstkandchicthighs006_zps91f81601.jpg

Tastey Licks Savory Poultry.
Porkstkandchicthighs010_zps1355dba3.jpg

Porkstkandchicthighs011_zps310e0403.jpg

Tastey licks Left, Yardbird right. All very very tastey,enjoyed all the new products.

Thanks for looking.

The pork steak looks fabulous and the chicken......well pass a plate over here..:hungry: But........Keystone.......really.......:tsk:

The chicken and pork steaks look great Code3! Not sure which I would taste first, I want both. :mrgreen: Looks delicious! :clap2:

2 great looking cooks there.... I want to dip a piece of bread into the juice coming from the yard bird chicken, looks killer!

Back