• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rib rub?

Armadillo

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I can't find a rib rub that I like if any one could give any ideas it would be helpful to me thanks

Seriously? Might help if you shared what you have made before and what you didn't like about it.

I have tried head country with agave nectar I have made one from Paul Knicks book championship bbq sauce just getting started on myribs

There is Google search box near the bottom of the page. There are many many rib rubs recipes on here. You should be able find one that you like :-D

For commercial rubs, Plowboy's Yardbird and Simply Marvelous Sweet & Spicy, Sweet Seduction, Spicy Apply and Cherry are all good on ribs.

Williams rib tickler and BPS money are both good on ribs.

I lay down a lite base of Slap ya Momma, followed by my Pork rub for the BBQ Challenged OR I use just S&P when I cook for me.

Blus' Pork Rub for the BBQ Challenged

1 4 oz bottle Sweet Paprika
1/2 a 4oz bottle Sugar( what ever kind you have)
1/2 a 4 oz bottle of Kosher salt
1 teasp celery salt
1 Teasp Granulated onion
1 Teasp Granulated garlic
1 Table sp Mrs Dash Lemon pepper
1/2 tsp (or to taste) Cayenne pepper
1 Teasp Ginger
1 Teasp mustard powder

Here's what I use... Works great on butts too

Combine all the following for an awesome and (fairly) low sodium rub..
1 T Kosher Salt
2 T Pure Chili Powder
2 T Light Brown Sugar
2 T Granulated Garlic
2 T Paprika
1 T Dried Thyme
1 T Ground Cumin
1 T Celery Seed
1 T Ground Black Pepper
1 T Cayenne Pepper
1 T Onion Powder

Salt, fresh ground multi color pepper, granulated garlic, granulated onion... heavy on the pepper. It works on everything. Why yes, there is no sugar in that....

This past weekend I made six racks of ribs and all I used was 1 jar of McCormick Sweet and Smoky rub and a jar of McCormick Cowboy Rub mixed them together in a bowl and people told me the ribs were so good that they didnt even need sauce. So I think I found my goto rub concoction from now on.

It's all so objective in the end. You really just have to play around with different stuff until you find what YOU like.
As you can see, the tastes run the gammit from salt only to those who like to "layer" their rubs.
Those absolutely to die for ribs are probably a bit different for every one of us.

The fun lies in the adventure of finding that "perfect" recipe for yourself and family/friends.

KC

It's all so objective in the end. You really just have to play around with different stuff until you find what YOU like.
As you can see, the tastes run the gammit from salt only to those who like to "layer" their rubs.
Those absolutely to die for ribs are probably a bit different for every one of us.

The fun lies in the adventure of finding that "perfect" recipe for yourself and family/friends.

KC

^^^^ Totally Agree:mrgreen:

Or how about Mike Mill's Magic Dust? 2 parts paprika; 1 part each of: salt, sugar, mustard powder, chilli powder, cumin, black pepper, garlic powder; 1/2 part cayenne.

Back