How to make Great Turkeys using Char-Broil's "The Big Easy" Oil-less Fryer V2.0

Yeah I will be injecting this weekend to do a test run.

Some of that I agree with and some is wrong. For anyone that has ever truly deep fried Cajun turkeys, the clean up is a bitch compared to the cleanup involved with TBE. As to the warranty, the burner stays clean and never see's food.

I do agree with the NOT brining. This is infrared. Different method with better results for Turkey than frying.

On edit injecting is the way to go.

1z2ew6f.jpg

Last edited:
Some of that I agree with and some is wrong. For anyone that has ever truly deep fried Cajun turkeys, the clean up is a bitch compared to the cleanup involved with TBE. As to the warranty, the burner stays clean and never see's food.

I do agree with the NOT brining. This is infrared. Different method with better results for Turkey than frying.

Ewwww...ummm...yeah.... I'm going to go ahead and kind of have to disagree with the no brining. I do however agree with no WET brining.....

Supposed to be about 20* Thursday. I guess I will be keeping the lid on for most of the 3 hr cook for the 15lb bird. Will be putting harvest brine on later this afternoon

Just thought about it George, but having a near full tank of propane will help and if you can set the tank indoors the night before to bring the pressure up in the tank. I've done one near that cold but never at 20*F.

Thanks a ton for this! I always hate having to search around every year.

Thanks for bring this back PaSmoker and Big George! And Thanks IAMM for preserving what you could of the thread! The pic's in the original thread got lost after photo bucket took a dump.

I'll be doing it again this year. The Char-Broil Oil less Turkey Fryer is the only way I go now after deep frying hundreds of them over the years. With what peanut oil costs it's close to the cost of the Char-Broil oil less.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me that used these how big is your flame normally when wide open? I picked one of these up at garage sale and the flame seems kind of on the small side but maybe that is by design. Wide open it seems like it is maybe 1/2”-3/4” in length.

Back