Stumps Baby cook time

gaffer

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Good morning fellow enthusiasts. I had a Stumps Classic for 12 years and sold it as part of a home sale in the mountains.

I was extremely happy with it and once I settled into my new home I ordered a new Stumps. This time the Baby. While I knew that I wanted much less capacity than the Classic, this morning it occurred to me that the shorter charcoal chute means less burn time.

So, my question is, anybody know the number of hours of burn time for the Baby before having to add more fuel? At an average temp of 225°-250°?

I know that I can call Stumps and get the answer but, would prefer hearing it from owners.

Thank you

I do have a Baby also but I never got an exact on burn time. I always just add. I do know on an overnight cook I got 7hrs at 275Deg.

Thank you, I was guessing that it would be around 6 or 7 hours. So, for butts and briskets a long nap then a refill. I can live with that. I never really slept more than 6 hours when I used the classic, always felt I had to go take a look at it just to make sure even though in all the years there was never a problem.

My baby XL will burn 12+ hours set at 230F. I over night cook all of my Butts and Briskets.

Back