Lem Vacuum Packers?

Huh? What?

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Does anyone here own/use a Lem Vacuum packer? I need to replace my Food Saver. To get it to suck the air out and seal now, you have to hold the lid down. I use the Lem bags, and they are great. I need some opinions on the sealers. I'd love the vacuum chamber sealer, but will probably have to settle for the MaxVac 500.

I also have a Foodsaver on its last legs. Have looked at the LEM online.
Would like to hear from somebody with knowledge.

I have both the 500 and 1000 in use daily for commercial wrapping, far better quality than Weston with superior cooling capability.

That 1000 has run for 18 straight hours every day around the holidays in constant use and held up to some real abuse.

LEM bags are junk, try these rolls they are commercial 4mil and much more cost effective.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1726554445...99&_trkparms=gh1g=I172655444511.N36.S2.R3.TR3

In other words, neither of you own or use the LEM vacuum sealers?

No I don't, I just wanted to point out that not all companies sell replacement parts. We had a Brethren who had a high end vac-sealer and couldn't get a replacement door, so he wound up having to buy a complete new unit. I chose Weston because parts (if needed) are readily available for repairs. I've used it for over 6 years and replaced the foam seals once just as preventative maintenance. Never any issues.

I have not used nor own a LEM....

Why do you have your heart set on LEM? I always thought FoodSaver was the top brand in sealers.

I recently upgraded to the FoodSaver v4440. It has the extension to seal liquids. I like it.
It doesn't get heavy use though. But feels like it could handle it.

Food Saver isn't even close to the best brand. They are just the most well-known. They seem to be the one most people start with, because they are in all the stores.

Last edited:
Foodsaver relies on public recognition. No matter where you go, Sam's, Costco, Walmart, Target, god knows where else, you'll always find some form of a Foodsaver. Certainly doesn't mean that they're the best vacuum sealer. Think of ANY Foodsaver as an entry level sealer. Saying that, I have a VacMaster 320 chamber sealer, but when I need to do something larger than the 16" chamber, I pull out my Platinum Gamesaver Foodsaver that can do 15" wide bags.

I've been bamboozled!

There isn't anything major wrong with the Foodsavers, if you aren't using it constantly. Heck, I bought the worn out unit I have for $49 on sale, and used it fairly frequently for three years, I think.

It was a good investment. Now I want a better unit.

Back