MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:07 PM   #16
dadsr4
somebody shut me the fark up.

There are several good breweries near there, too. Dark Horse Brewing Company in Kalamazoo and Bells in Comstock aren't too far away.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:09 PM   #17
dadsr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPorkaLot View Post
Company is based there. It wouldn’t be relocation immediately, but that’s possibly in the cards
Could be worse, could be Chicago. People from Chicago come to St. Joseph to escape and play golf.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:45 AM   #18
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I've been to St Joseph a few times and it is a very nice little town. There's a GREAT tattoo artist there as well lol

To me St Joe is the quaint little town with a lot of character and just a fun place especially in the summer months. They have a lot of festivals, and are located within an hours drive of many great towns.
From there, you can quickly be up North or into a big city in no time really. The I-94 corridor is close and the quick link to many places.
The outskirts are more rural and underdeveloped, as in city like, and very beautiful.
The State Parks here are for the most part very nice places and clean. We love our out of doors here.

Not sure what you may be looking for as in an area, rural or city, but I'll try to help any way I can.

Thanks for the history lesson Bill I didn't know that either.
I had an old friend who used to sail with the merchant marines from Chicago to Detroit. His Brother was one of the capitains of the Edmund actually. Some great stories from the old boys who sailed the Great Lakes!

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 01-26-2019, 09:53 AM   #19
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I haven’t spent a lot of time in St. Joe. I am usually driving through on the way to a competition or business in Grand Rapids or the Detroit area, but, if I can, I try to stop at La Perla market for some amazing authentic Mexican food!

https://laperlastores.com/

2019 Chicago-area Summer Gathering Information!!

2019 Chicago-area Summer Gathering Signup!!

The Naked Fatty!

4x Hunsaker Cans/PK360 X 2/Southern Q Limo Elite/FEC-100/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Good-One Model 42/WSM/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/BS Pizza Oven
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:45 PM   #20
Neil

Quote:
Company is based there. It wouldn’t be relocation immediately, but that’s possibly in the cards

Sounds like you work for Whirlpool. I don't know anyone who has regretted making the move to St. Joseph. Great town.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Brinkman Dual Zone Proffessional Grill, Uniflame Tabletop Gasser, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 01-28-2019, 09:20 AM   #21
Neil

Here are some links to check out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Joseph,_Michigan

https://www.stjoetoday.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Joseph,_Michigan

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Brinkman Dual Zone Proffessional Grill, Uniflame Tabletop Gasser, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 09:56 AM   #22
smoke ninja

I've been out to the western side of the state some for work and play. its noice. nicer in ways than the north.....but also different. more upscale on the west. like bill said its Chicagos playground, in the southeast we go north.

lots of breweries and vineyards. sand dunes and beaches. it's mostly small town that way with a few decent sized cities. around here theres are half a dozen walmarts or home depots within an hour. out there it's more like 1. more ma and pa vibes and historical downtown's.

if you come bring me some Q-salt will ya?

Help us raise funds to feed our Veterans and Homeless HERE

www.gofundme.com/2s8fv5qs
smoke ninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:27 AM   #23
InThePitBBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Bob

Quote:
Exploring an opportunity there.
All I know about it is it is COLD and SNOWY!

What’s the positive? If there is any?
I owned and operated a marina and had considerable interest in area real estate and other business holdings there over the last 30 years.

Much has changed recently, some better some not.

The town itself is a micro-economy of the Whirlpool corporation based across the bridge in Benton Harbor.

Feel free to send me a PM and we can have a nice long telephone conversation about throwing your wallet into Lake Michigan or possibly finding one of the rare niches that make money there.
InThePitBBQ is online now   Reply With Quote