• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

controlling grease spatter

Maylar

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
I've been doing brekkie on weekends and part of that has been bacon (of course). Too cold to cook outdoors in my jammies, so it's been stove top in a skillet. Bacon grease spatters all over the stove and everything else. I'm wondering if any of the brethren have found a clever way to minimize or eliminate that?

I agree on the oven is the best. If you want to do it on the stove top, invest in a splatter screen. Also, if it is splattering that bad, you are cooking too hot.

Here's an example of a splatter screen, you can find cheaper ones if you look around.

The dollar store has them for a buck. They're handy, if just a little small. You have to watch out hot flame coming around the pan doesn't melt any plastic in the handle (or remove it). They are also useful when heating red sauces that want to burp.

We use the oven for bacon quite regularly...but never with parchment paper. What does that change to the cook?

I tried bacon in the oven and it made as big of a mess as stove top. Inside the door glass all over then down to the oven floor.
What's the trick I'm missing?
Ed

Outdoor griddle+garage+open garage door = easy winter griddling :)

They make a silicon splatter shield that works better than the wire mesh but you need a plate to set it on when you take it off to turn or unload,moisture and oil will run off it pretty heavy

Ovens best especially for bs bacon. Smaller bacon loads sometimes get microwaved on paper towel lined Corningware platter for 3-4 mins on high. I know, blasphemy right?

We use non stick foil on a cookie sheet in the oven. MSD has a new gas stove and hates to see it not clean.

As others have said, line a pan with parchment paper and bake in the oven. This method is especially good if you are doing lots of bacon. I cook up about 3 to 5 lbs at a time.

Another method is to lay your bacon out in a skillet then add water to cover the bottom of the pan. Cook at medium high heat. It works. Lots of videos of it on the Tube

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Back