MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:16 AM   #1
Pa_BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Default PK 360, is it worth the $$?

I am looking for a very specific grill that will be my daily grill for several months. I will be home a couple times a month to use my others but for now will be staying in a 5th wheel at a campground and need a 1 grill setup.

I cook steaks, a lot. I meal prep and probably eat Ribeyes more than any other protein. I probably cook 6 Ribeyes a week and why I am considering this grill.

Per my other posts have looked at other options including the Weber kettles but seems for steaks this is the tool.

I also like the idea when I am gone back home I can easily take it off the stand and lock it in RV.

Thanks once again to all the Brethren that helped me decide, I did not even know about the PK grills till yesterday.
PK360
Fireboard, CyberQ
Pa_BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2019, 12:22 PM   #2
Czarbecue
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Viet King Cong

It’s definitely worth the money for its longevity and durability. The Weber is cheaper and more versatile but it’s also lightweight, flimsy in the legs, and so common you can find it for $25 on Craigslist and still have no takers.

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-23-2019, 12:51 PM   #3
Home Farm BBQ
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Justin

If your main concern is cooking steaks. This would be most people’s ultimate steak cooking machine. Almost all you see at SCA events. People like them and they seem to win.

I would be afraid of leaving pk out for people stealing. I wouldn’t be afraid of leaving a Weber 22.5 out. If theft is a concern then a 22.5 might be best. A 26 Weber won’t be easy to move in and out.

A Weber will cook a heck of a steak too. Either way you go. The grills hold their values pretty well if you want to sell after getting back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Home Farm BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2019, 12:56 PM   #4
Xpert510
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Check this out

I thought of this when you mentioned your storage needs...

https://www.humphreysbbq.com/collect...-station-grill
Xpert510 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2019, 01:05 PM   #5
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Worth the $$$ is relative . As I mentioned in your other thread, I think it is, but only you can decide if it is for you.

Here is a link to some pictures of my cooks on the PK360 if you want to see the food and some of the ways that I set it up.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/387ok78xm/

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-23-2019, 01:14 PM   #6
Demosthenes9
is Blowin Smoke!

How many ribeyes will yo be doing each cook? Anything else on the grill?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Demosthenes9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2019, 02:25 PM   #7
Mike in Roseville
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

If it’s at a campsite and it’s just you for a short period of time....I’d get a used Weber 22/26 or even a used Genesis.

I also had the thought of someone stealing the PK 360 while you were away.
Mike in Roseville is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2019, 02:27 PM   #8
Czarbecue
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Viet King Cong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Roseville View Post
If it’s at a campsite and it’s just you for a short period of time....I’d get a used Weber 22 or even a used Genesis.

I also had the thought of someone stealing the PK 360 while you were away.

This question applies to other cookers as well but are we just more afraid of the cooker being stolen because we know the true value of it? Not sure the average Joe/thief will see a PK and know what it is.

Old 01-23-2019, 03:05 PM   #9
SmoothBoarBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

I've been so close to buying the PK360 so many times, but for whatever reason the price tag just frustrates me. I realize it has a ton of engineering behind it and that it's a long lasting piece of equipment, but it's just so darned small that I can't get over that "mental hurdle" of $2.22 per square inch. Compare that to something like a Weber Kettle 22" where you're paying about $.35 per square inch. Both perform the same function and both do it well...there's a reason that Weber has been around for so long.

That being said if I had the money I would go with the PK360 everyday of the week. It's strong, durable, super light, and would be easy to lock inside your RV. The drain valves on the bottom make it super easy to clean out so it sounds like it would likely be a solid choice in terms of bringing it inside your RV as well.

Old 01-23-2019, 03:49 PM   #10
Demosthenes9
is Blowin Smoke!

If you are only doing a couple of steaks, get Weber Go Anywhere. Small footprint, easy to store and transport.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Demosthenes9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2019, 06:40 PM   #11
Huskres
Full Fledged Farker

If you want truely portable you could do a hasty bake ranger or camper.
Huskres is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2019, 06:48 PM   #12
Pa_BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarbecue View Post
This question applies to other cookers as well but are we just more afraid of the cooker being stolen because we know the true value of it? Not sure the average Joe/thief will see a PK and know what it is.
Especially with a cover on it, also looking closely at the design it would be easy to secure with a cable and lock making it harder to steal.

I had thought of theft, but also its so easy to store in the storage compartment of RV or even inside.
PK360
Fireboard, CyberQ

Old 01-23-2019, 06:55 PM   #13
BKING!
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Brent

Pk 360 is nice but too small. If they were bigger I wouldn’t mind paying more for one.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:42 PM   #14
70monte
is One Chatty Farker

I prefer the 360 over the kettle for many reasons and to me it's worth it. A kettle is 363 sq inches vs the 360 sq inches of the PK so the kettle is not that much bigger. You can pretty much cook anything on the 360 but you do have to get creative on some of the bigger cuts of meat. You can also get the cookmore or littlemore grates to add more space to the PK.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:50 PM   #15
Pa_BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

The cooker I use 99% of the time now is my Kamado Joe II Classic which is only 18" so should be plenty of room.
PK360
Fireboard, CyberQ

Thanks from:--->