Edible Turkey Burgers!

What makes turkey burgers edible?

• Total voters
You could always cook more turkey burgers with a coffee rub and enter the "coffee" throwdown, just to be on the safe side...

:wink:

I'm not sure how coffee would go with the onions in the burgers. I mean, Trader Joe's sells lots of chit, but onion-flavored coffee isn't one of them. If Trader Joe's doesn't sell it, then it's got to be REALLY bad.

7012240d69393e8304ebea6650c28189.jpg

We had turkey burgers on the small BGE tonight. Mayo, raw onions, fresh jalapeños, Famous Daves spicy pickles, and Famous Daves Devil Spit barbecue sauce. Enough to warm up my mouth a little. Cheap and easy snack.

I have eaten and enjoyed turkey burgers. They definitely need help, but it's possible for them to taste good.

When I have made turkey burgers I buy the regular ground turkey which is ground from mostly dark meat and plenty of fat, the ground skinless breast are just to lean and flavorless IMO.

Thanks Moose, it really was fantastic, and I found that despite the mayo and onions and soy sauce, that turkey burgers taste remarkably like bacon. They might even be my second-favorite food after bacon.

BTW, I didn't know that Cornish Hens and Turkeys are the same. I've never been to Cornwall and didn't cook the turkey there, so I'd probably be DQ'ed anyway.

I would prob not be your first dilly bar Gore :biggrin1:

Turkey, like chicken has little fat, therefore little flavor and would be dry. Mayo is fat. Soy and onions provide moisture.

But, the best way to make a turkey (or chicken) burger palatable is to use beef.

I would prob not be your first dilly bar Gore :biggrin1:

We haven't handed out a Dilly bar in some time...:rolleyes:

Shagdog and I haven't chosen the February special throwdown yet. Do you think anyone would enter a Turkey Burger Throwdown if that's what we decided on?

:confused:

Shagdog and I haven't chosen the February special throwdown yet. Do you think anyone would enter a Turkey Burger Throwdown if that's what we decided on?

Yeah - the three people who said they like them.

I could kill two birds with one stone on this (or feed two birds with one scone).

An entry and a dilly bar.

You will have four entries!

OK OK....

So forget the mayo.... It can go on the bun if desired.

So we do:
Added to the ground organic turkey

A little Dijon
A Little Worcestershire
A little Thai Chile sauce
And what ever moves me......

Yum yum...............

Back