Taylorville IL

I just sent Paul an e-mail asking about the status this morning. I haven't received anything yet.

Did he say why? Except for the flies we enjoyed cooking there.

Any word on Pacific and Alton? I tried emailing the Alton guy but the email bounced and I don't have Toms email and the old website is now gone?

Pacific is not happening this year. Tom is organizing an event for the Shriners in St Charles. I believe it will be in October.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Pacific is not happening this year. Tom is organizing an event for the Shriners in St Charles. I believe it will be in October.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Gah, hate to hear that.

Taylorville

From an e-mail from there....

good afternoon all,

i am writing to inform all of you that we will still be holding our annual cookout this year, but due to budgetary concerns, will no longer have a kcbs sanctioned cookoff. we are instead simply going to have a large backyard cookoff tentatively scheduled for friday and saturday, july 27th and 28th. the cookoff will consist of two main categories, ribs and chicken, and will have a possible $1,000 grand prize. there may also be a "chef's choice" portion of the event.

we have had a great time with the cookoff over the past couple of years, and greatly appreciate all your involvement in helping bring this great event to our humble town. i write to invite any of you to come and compete and even judge if you would like. we want to run the cookoff similarly to a regularly sanctioned event, like we have with our backyard in the past. i understand if any or all can not make it, but we will have great entertainment saturday as always and hope to see you here.

please email back if you are interested in being involved in any way. as i said, i have enjoyed this event immensley and hope to see many familiar faces. thanks again for all the assistance in the past and please let me know if you would like any further info.

sincerely,

paul mizeur
217 287 2479

I talked to the organizer in Dec. they were dead set againist having a pro div. They claim they lose money. They did pay about $4000. for entertainment. They also stated that the people attended to see the backyarders and not the pros. They just did not want to do it any more. I win one in my hometown and they cancel it, go figure.

Gilly, there is talk of a contest the same weekend Taylorville was at the Strawns Crossing Entertainment Club. If it comes across it is supposed to be anywhere around 15K.

From an e-mail from there....

good afternoon all,

i am writing to inform all of you that we will still be holding our annual cookout this year, but due to budgetary concerns, will no longer have a kcbs sanctioned cookoff. we are instead simply going to have a large backyard cookoff tentatively scheduled for friday and saturday, july 27th and 28th. the cookoff will consist of two main categories, ribs and chicken, and will have a possible $1,000 grand prize. there may also be a "chef's choice" portion of the event.

we have had a great time with the cookoff over the past couple of years, and greatly appreciate all your involvement in helping bring this great event to our humble town. i write to invite any of you to come and compete and even judge if you would like. we want to run the cookoff similarly to a regularly sanctioned event, like we have with our backyard in the past. i understand if any or all can not make it, but we will have great entertainment saturday as always and hope to see you here.

please email back if you are interested in being involved in any way. as i said, i have enjoyed this event immensley and hope to see many familiar faces. thanks again for all the assistance in the past and please let me know if you would like any further info.

sincerely,

paul mizeur
217 287 2479

Do they have an email address to contact them?

Nevermind I believe I found their email

Gilly, there is talk of a contest the same weekend Taylorville was at the Strawns Crossing Entertainment Club. If it comes across it is supposed to be anywhere around 15K.

Where's that, Randy?

Oh hell Randy. That's your backyard. Let's party with Pete the peacock.

Our KCBS event is close to you all (not far from Taylorville). If you are looking for a sanctioned event to add to your schedule check out our event. We are still working on the payout, but it looks like it will be around $7k in cash and prizes! Not bad for our first year as a KCBS event. All the info is available on our website at www.mortonbbqthrowdown.com if you have questions please email me at rak@koener.com

Back