^$E*%$ I ain't Priceline

big brother smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I need to vent, so I do not tell a existing client, no thanks, I do not want your business.

Here is my propsal, keep in mind, I normally charge about $16.99 per for this meal.

Food :
The Simply Marvelous Sandwich Buffet
200 adult guests @ $12.75 per $2550.00
40 kid meals @ $8.00 per $320.00

Dessert:
Brownies and Blondies @ $2.00 per $ 280.00
Watermelon Slices @ $1.00 per $ 240.00

Subtotal $3390.00
CA Sales Tax (.0875) $ 296.63

Gratuity (18%) $663.59 (waived)
TOTAL OF CONTRACT: $3686.63

Client tells me after making concessions that the job is between me and another company. I do not have the time to play "Priceline." I was under the impression this job was in the bag, I started booking staff for this event. I also expected the check in the mail today; I hate coming out of my pocket for gigs.

If this person did not help me when I starting out, I would flat out decline the gig, but I am willing to be patient until 3p, PST. :mad:

Just needed to vent before I lose my cool.:roll: :tape:

When can you be here, I will need you to bring 199 of those Southern CA beach girls along too.

But they give prizes!
happy-meal-1.jpg

I feel your pain because I have been there.

Once I bid a tri tip sandwich lunch with 2 sides that were requested in the bid. Had the lowest bid-- but Guess What----another caterer threw in free dessert.

A friend that attended the event said that they fed Ball Tip instead of tri-tip and small portions---and their "free dessert" was "Little Debbie" treats.People get what they deserve.

Once I bid a job that was thousands of dollars to feed a "wagon train" 3 meals a day for 2 weeks. My bid was lowest---but the other caterer had a Peterbilt truck and 40 foot trailer with showers in it. He got the job.

Catering is the only form of gambling that is legal in all 50 states.

Hold your head high Steph.
Possibly a good time to rework you bids for a money per head as a caterer.

We've experienced this a couple of times, both times the clients came back to us to do there food complaining about the other company, all we could do is look at them, Smile and say, you get what you pay for!! :p

Back