rizz907

Reaction score
Well as the title says im thinking "most likely" going to purchase a Lang if there is a yes to my question. No where on the Lang site does it say that a insulated firebox is an option or not, So to all the lang owners out there. Do you know if this is an option that ben lang would be able to include in my hopefully near future purchase or is this something he's totally against?

Did you try calling Lang directly? I've heard they are quite friendly and you can actually talk to Mr. Lang himself!

As far as I know they don't do insulated boxes unless they've added the option recently. I'm pretty sure that when I looked into it about a year ago, it wasn't. I think that you can get 1/2" plate instead of 1/4" as a special order.

They are not typically insulated, but are made of 3/8 inch steel. the cook chamber is 1/4 inch. It is not mentioned in the customization section either, but I'd ask them if it was a must have. They seem really easy to deal with. BTW I'm 1200 away from my 108 order. YAA HOOOO !!! :grin:

They are not typically insulated, but are made of 3/8 inch steel. the cook chamber is 1/4 inch. It is not mentioned in the customization section either, but I'd ask them if it was a must have. They seem really easy to deal with. BTW I'm 1200 away from my 108 order. YAA HOOOO !!! :grin:

The firebox on my 36 is 1/4" just like the cook chamber and the warmer.

I want to know if they offer a insulated firebox, because i live in the Northwest. And here it rains 9months out of the year, there is offten strong winds with the rain. And we have really winters from time to time. So from my understanding a insulated firebox would make it easier for me to smoke in the winter or bad weather days. so if anybody has any experience using a Lang in bad weather situations, please let me know your experiences and if you had any problems using your Lang.

Have used 3 different Langs in all types of weather.
In case of torrential rains... have used a tied down canopy.

Haven't heard Ben offer an insulated firebox yet.

a non insulated firebox would not concern me

I live in Michigan and cook on a cheap OK Joe offset and its just fine in the winter

Back