Help, Advice Needed On Brinkmann Smoke n Pit

J

jdo43113

Hello Fellow Grill and BBQ lovers. I'm a new member to this site and I have just recently purchased a new Brinkmann Smoke'n'Pit with a SFB. I love the look of this new baby, but, have a serious problam. The temp gauge that came with it sucks beyond all belief. It's a pop-out and I know of no thermometers out there that will fit in its place. Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I have the same grill, and yes the temp gage is a joke!! They do have a replacement on there web site that is inexpensive. Al tho I haven't replaced mine yet, I just keep a good eye on the fire and use a remote meat thermometer. I really like this grill and have know other complaints except that it's not that air tight! But I have some ideas on fixing' that,except for that I like it allot and use it daily! Good luck and keep the smoke Rollin!!

Welcome and head over to Cattle Call and introduce yourself.

i have the same pit & i just use the little oven thermos. even replacing the lid thermo won't give you an accurate reading because it's too high off of the grate.
you can always buy a digital thermo w/ pit probe. i'm sure others here will give you makes & models.

as other shave said get yourself a therm with probe..Taylor or Polder..dont even mess around with the lid therm..you should be measuring at the grate level anyway

btw. i'll take some pics of my mods for ya so ya can get even cooking temps across that thing.:-D

thermometer?????

Leave the stock thermo. in and go get a Tru-tel(no 2 Tru-tels),place them at grate level and one on each end. Keep the temp. around 225*F. Practice will get you there,it Can Be Done...
Have fun and
SMOKE HAPPY :rolleyes:

My friend bought one used and instead of buying the stock therm from Brinkmann's, we just drilled a probe sized hole in the metal plug that fills the hole if you don't have a Brinkmann's therm installed. Then he got a Taylors and put it in there.

Everyone else is right about grate temp, but he has just figured the temp is about 25 higher at top then at the grate.

Back