Carne Asada & Carne Adobada Tacos

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
We were invited to a friend's for dinner who has been threatening to challenge me to a taco throwdown for the last few years, although it has yet to happen. The time we decided to just cook together, so I brought over the meat and was in charge of grilling it, while the missus and she made homemade tortillas, salsa roja , pico de gallo, and guac. The carne adobada was a new recipe for me, and I was quite happy the way it came out.

The tacos were amazing, especially with the homemade tortillas & salsas, and all eaters were were satisfied:

Tacos6222011.jpg

Only one word was needed to describe this picture....BOOOOOM!!!!! These kind of posts kill me, I grew up on tex-mex from the taqueria source, but it doesn't exist in Indiana. So I make my own. And you live in a place where you can walk up to any taco truck and get some killer grub, but choose to make your own. Too bad more like minded individuals weren't in my zipcode. Sweet post.:thumb:

Was that your own recipe or was it one you found on the net or someone gave to you?

I always wanted to try to make adobada they make a ton of it here in San Diego.

I found a few recipes on the net but never tried them.

Fine dining Tex-Mex style! Looks like really (no I mean REALLY) good eats bro...hmmm...I already have stuffed pork chops on the menu 2 morrow evening BUT....after seeing this that could be changing.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Looks awesome! I've finally gotten my fajitas down thanks to your posts and advice. Nice looking tacos!

Mmmmmm, carne asada, so good when it's done right. I always grill it on the gasser, but have been curious to smoke it too. The only problem I have with carne asada is that, depending on how much I buy, only about half of it makes it back into the house. It's the ultimate "finger meat."

Back