MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:26 PM   #1
Smoke Daddy
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : JR
Default Restaurant Depot Info

what are the latest pre-req's for Restaurant Depot membership?
Smoke Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2017, 04:31 PM   #2
sudsandswine
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Tax ID or KCBS membership as far as I know.

Old 09-26-2017, 05:51 PM   #3
stckciv
Knows what a fatty is.

Can this be any tax ID or do you need a food service business? I have an Outdoor power business and was curious about this.
stckciv is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2017, 06:29 PM   #4
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stckciv View Post
Can this be any tax ID or do you need a food service business? I have an Outdoor power business and was curious about this.

Any tax ID or tax exempt certificate.
Rockinar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2017, 07:14 PM   #5
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

RD by me also wanted a business license on top of the tax id.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:25 PM   #6
bluetang

Name/Nickname : Mike

Business license here. No tax # required. I'm service only, and have none.
Homey, the Homegrown frier, 22" WSM, 18.5" Elderly(but not retired) WSM,Homegrown Electric, Weber gasserrrr,Weber Performer, Gravity feed smoker, Blackstone, Indisputably Fastest [COLOR=purple]Purple[/COLOR] Thermapen, SAI Satay Grill

bluetang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2017, 07:59 PM   #7
93_confirmed
Take a breath!

My wife runs a charity (Non food) and we got in a PA location with that tax id/business certificate.
93_confirmed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2017, 08:30 PM   #8
IXL
is one Smokin' Farker

The RD website lists the exact requirements for a membership. One can start the process online and have an approval document printed out, complete with membership number. This, along with the required tax cert/license is then taken to the nearest RD location. After verifying the certs/license in person, store personnel will key in however many cards you desire, spit 'em right out, and you're off to the races!
IXL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2017, 06:13 AM   #9
CraigC
is one Smokin' Farker

Our local RD's require a state resale certificate. Doesn't matter what kind of business as long as it buys and sells. Don't know about pure service businesses.

Old 09-27-2017, 07:41 AM   #10
hockeyfox
Knows what a fatty is.

We have 2 in Minnesota. One requires a Tax ID and the other is 100% open to the public. Still don't understand why they allow this but so be it.
hockeyfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2017, 07:43 AM   #11
ChrisBarb
is one Smokin' Farker

I think that would need to join KCBS to get access to RD. Is it worth it for a backyard guy?

Old 09-27-2017, 08:31 AM   #12
SwineGuy
Full Fledged Farker

I belong to KCBS. I go to RD at least 1x per week, sometimes more. I used to show my KCBS card and request a day pass. They gave it to me no questions. However, for the past few months I just walk in a say KCBS and they look it up in the computer and hand me a pass with a handwritten #. They don't ask questions, don't request me to show them anything. I still belong to KCBS for other reasons, but it occurred to me that anyone could walk in there and say KCBS and be given a pass. Ultimately, they want you in their store spending money, so they don't seem overly concerned with all the "requirements."

Old 09-27-2017, 09:18 AM   #13
Jason TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBarb View Post
I think that would need to join KCBS to get access to RD. Is it worth it for a backyard guy?
If you don't have good access to other bbq meat at places like Costco, Sams or local grocery stores then yes, especially if your local RD is close. Even if you have access to good product at local grocery stores RD is almost always cheaper and depending on how much you cook those savings can add up.

You can check out the RD monthly flyers on the site for prices on things to see if there is a savings opportunity that would offset the KCBS yearly fee.