MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 08-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #121
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellor View Post
Thanks! PM sample sent. Well I would if I could!

But if you need a little more the story behind the build of the mini wsm and the first cook are in this thread...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=113312

JT
Yeah, I saw your other thread. Looks great. I really need to build one of those little guys now.
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #122
Igotgas
is one Smokin' Farker

Okay. I was going to stick with just the one entry but........I finished my propane tank smoker

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=113660

and cooked my first meal on her.

I cooked two fatties, some baked potatoes, grilled romaine, and a Tri tip. Here it is all plated up.

I think that taking pictures of my Pron is wearing off on my little girl.

The fatties were naked, one with a little homemade rub, and the other with a Kansas City rub by Weber. The grilled salad had some garlic olive oil and parmesan cheese. the Potatoes were just wrapped with some sea salt and served with homemade bacon bits. All served with an ice cold beer
[CENTER]Rescued Red MasterTouch - 1998[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Smoky Joe - 1984 (My Little Girls)[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Ranch Kettle X2- 2008 With Brother Marty Leach's Handles and 1991 CL find.[/CENTER]
[CENTER]SS Weber Performer X 2 [/CENTER]

Last edited by Igotgas; 08-14-2011 at 12:42 PM..
Igotgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:20 PM   #123
colonel00

Looks great

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 08-14-2011, 12:54 PM   #124
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

This looks like a separate entry to me. I believe you need to make another post with this pic. Chris is a real stickler for the rules.

(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 08-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #125
brewerjamie15
Full Fledged Farker

Looking over some of the other entries, It seems to me that this is going to be one heck of a throw down.
Since I am able to enter more than one dish I would like to bring another shot at the field. My first entry was, I feel, rather weak. The food was good, but it is not really going to compete well. I kinda think that I owe it to myself to try again since this is such a powerful field. I also think that I should have done a better job for my competitors.
With that said, I'd like to add this second entry.
This meal was made on Friday evening. This is a simple Fajita. I made it on the weber performer.
I was told to make dinner Friday evening, but was not given any idea of what to do. I went to the grocery store with little idea of what to make. I saw the tortillas, ran into some inexpensive cuts of beef (I forgot what the cut was called) nabbed the nicest looking Romaine Lettuce, and went home.

I marinated the meat in a bowl of fresh squeezed orange juice for a few hours. The peppers, green onions, and bean sprouts are from my garden.

This whole meal (minus cheese and bean sprouts) hit the grill at some point. In the top of the pic, you will see an heirloom tomato called "yellow ping pong" below them you see some "Marconi Red" peppers, the corn is a bi color super sweet, and some scallions.

I used my traditional pan for transporting the cooked food to the kitchen, staging it on a potting bench I made. The table sees more food and cooking stuffs than it does potting.

Served on a paper plate, the fajita was topped with a bit of shredded cheddar cheese.

There ya have it, Fajitas.

Please use the third picture of this post as my entry. It is the pic of the whole meal.

Last edited by brewerjamie15; 08-14-2011 at 10:00 PM..
brewerjamie15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:46 PM   #126
colonel00

I threw this together tonight as well. It is one of my favorite things to do with salmon. And, the best part is it is fairly simple and anyone can do it. I will post more details in a thread tomorrow. For now enjoy smoked salmon alfredo over farfalle with a side of salmon.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:32 AM   #127
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog66 View Post
Am I still a Virgin
Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Maybe if you entered a brisket.
I think right at the moment you enter a brisket, you are no longer a virgin, not even if you go to that seminar thingee N8man went to.

...yeah, I know......I'll go there right now...
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 08-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #128
Al Czervik

Name/Nickname : Scott/Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post
I threw this together tonight as well. It is one of my favorite things to do with salmon. And, the best part is it is fairly simple and anyone can do it. I will post more details in a thread tomorrow. For now enjoy smoked salmon alfredo over farfalle with a side of salmon.

Colonel this looks just like a dish I had last weekend that was absolutely fantastic. YUM!
(='.'=) Avatar by Chalupa
(")_(")
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #129
colonel00

Thanks. I forgot to put together a thread/description on it. I will have to do that. It's a very simple pasta that I love making with salmon.

BTW, don't jinx me

Old 08-17-2011, 06:29 PM   #130
Al Czervik

Quote:
Thanks. I forgot to put together a thread/description on it. I will have to do that. It's a very simple pasta that I love making with salmon.

BTW, don't jinx me
Please do put together the thread/description... I'd love to add it to our favorites tab! I would have already burst your bubble if I was paying better attention to the entries. Alas I have no more votes to cast.
(")_(")
Old 08-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #131
colonel00

I can only hope to get a goose egg against the cutest little grillin' girl with plastic food on the grill. That would be epic.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #132
Al Czervik

Quote:
I can only hope to get a goose egg against the cutest little grillin' girl with plastic food on the grill. That would be epic.
Ain't gonna happen!
(")_(")