New guy at the pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipin' Pig

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm Derrick. I'm a sailing, diving, bagpipe playing pit man from Charleston, SC. Grew up doing pork here in eastern NC so I am eager to to learn from all of you folks especially with beef. Started out mostly leaching useful information, but hope to be able to give back soon.

I currently use the CharBroil version of the Bandera and have loved it for some time. Made the fire grate and baffel mods after joining last week and they worked great on the labor day cook. Thinking about a Stumps but have some convincing of the wife to do. I also have a monster gasser that we use for all our grilling.

I live in a relatively upscale subdivision in Mt. Pleasant SC a suburb of Charleston so I was worried when I first started smoking here 3 years ago. That was unfounded as it turned out as the neighbours all drop in to find out what I am cooking and try some. Several have asked to buy my smoker if I do get the stumps.

I'm married to a great gal and have two wonderful children: daughter 8 and son 5.

Anyone find themselves in Chuck town, give me a holla'.

Welcome to the backyard Derrick...Post often & enjoy

Derrick, welcome to the frey. Your gonna love it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back