Hot and fast brisket for me

jeffjenkins1

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I cooked 16 pounds of Canadian bacon for our church breakfast. Figured since it was smoking, may as well cook a brisket for me! Turned the drum up to 300 for hot and fast.

I did a three layer rub, 1st fresh cracked pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Then a layer of Sycamore Hill Farms Southern Seasoning (thanks douglas lizard!) and finally a coating of my own rib rub.

DSC_4460.jpg

Then cooked for 7 hours, came out great! First time my daughter liked brisket. Normally she just likes pork or chicken because beef is too tuff.

Done1.jpg

Done2.jpg

Wholeslice.jpg

Slices.jpg

Jeff

Nice! I can only home mine turn out looking good enough to be on the same table as something like that

Looking good! Waiting for mine to wake up from rest, hope it looks half as good as yours.

Looks good JJ.............................;}-

And I have been known to do one or two like that,and they turned out decent. However I didn't like the bark as much as a slow cooked one(JMHO),:cool: but then I like the sitting around the pit more than most old f--ts do:!: (IJFDLMAO):rolleyes:

And I have been known to do one or two like that,and they turned out decent. However I didn't like the bark as much as a slow cooked one(JMHO),:cool: (IJFDL but then I like the sitting around the pit more than most old f--ts do:!:MAO):rolleyes:

Yep, me too. It allows for more drinkin' time!

Back