Contest Results Boston Hills BBQ Fest - Boston, NY

The Giggler

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
The Patchin Fire Company is pleased to announce the Inaugural Boston Hills BBQ Fest. Our event will take place on June 26th, 27th and 28th. The weekend will feature a KCBS State Championship BBQ Competition on Saturday, a Wide Open Grilling Contest on Sunday, as well as rides, live music, beverages, food, crafters, fireworks, a car show, and a garden tractor pull.

I am the Contest Chairman, and would be glad to answer any questions you may have. Applications are available. Please send me a PM with your email address, and I will send one out. The website will be up shortly. Hope to see you in June!

Smoke on Wheels plans on attending!!! If the stars align, we'll be stopping on our whirlwind NY tour that will go to Lake Placid.

nice job Mike (and yer crew)! Takes a LOT of work Mr. Chairman... I wish you the best!

So that means ... Boston, Clarence, Lake Placid, Troy, Hudson Valley and Sayville are all NY state championships, and therefore there may be 6 (did I miss any?) GC's to go into a hat for the Jack?
Wow... not bad for a state that wasn't even represented until not that long ago.

Congrats, and THANKS to everyone who is helping real BBQ grow in leaps and bounds in all the NY areas!!! Keep up the good work!

p.s. can't wait to see Smoke On Wheels this summer! Good times, good times.
Will you be bringing that snazzy crown on it's first NorthEast tour??

Heck no, That crown weighs to darn much!! Besides, I think the Griswold BBQ Vacation trailer is going to be packed to the hilt.

At this point, I think the plan is to roll into Boston, Thurs night - cook the Boston Hills BBQ Fest - then go visit a colleague in Rochester... then work my way on up to the placid area. I would imagine we are going to try to hook up with Sean, Scott, and any other takers during the week prior. Then we will get in to the placid site on Wed... enjoy some of the activities there, cook the comp... then enjoy a leisurely trip back with a stop or two along the way. Should end up being about a 13-14 day trip, including two NE contests! We can't wait.

I'm going to be talking with Scottie, about some of his activities that were a hit with his girls... and sync up with Sean, and Scott for some other activities... I will make sure I communicate with you guys so we can get to see everyone!

We're really excited about making the trip. (Now lets just hope employment holds long enough to allow it to happen!!!!)

nice job Mike (and yer crew)! Takes a LOT of work Mr. Chairman... I wish you the best!

So that means ... Boston, Clarence, Lake Placid, Troy, Hudson Valley and Sayville are all NY state championships, and therefore there may be 6 (did I miss any?) GC's to go into a hat for the Jack?
Wow... not bad for a state that wasn't even represented until not that long ago.

Congrats, and THANKS to everyone who is helping real BBQ grow in leaps and bounds in all the NY areas!!! Keep up the good work!

Don't forget Roc City Rib Fest:p... In Rochester, NY May 23-24th (shameless plug :-D)

Goodsmokebbq is right! That's 7 NY Contests in 2009!

And we're offering the winner of the Roc City Rib Fest a FREE entry into the Boston Hills BBQ Fest (KCBS)! The winner of the Boston Hills BBQ Fest will receive a free entry into the 2010 Roc City Rib Fest. How's that for a little "Upstate/Western New York" cross promotion action!

Thanks Michelle! The Patchin Fire Company is a great group, and their hearts and minds are in the right place for this event. No doubt there's a lot of work, but thank goodness there are a lot of volunteers. GC and RGC trophies for KCBS are very, very cool.

Your post didn't mention a request for an application. :wink: Shall I send one out?

The Patchin Fire Company is pleased to announce the Inaugural Boston Hills BBQ Fest. Our event will take place on June 26th, 27th and 28th. The weekend will feature a KCBS State Championship BBQ Competition on Saturday, a Wide Open Grilling Contest on Sunday, as well as rides, live music, beverages, food, crafters, fireworks, a car show, and a garden tractor pull.

I am the Contest Chairman, and would be glad to answer any questions you may have. Applications are available. Please send me a PM with your email address, and I will send one out. The website will be up shortly. Hope to see you in June!

Sounds like fun.... Thanks for Chairing....

Should I bring Plum Wood....?

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Well I reckon that I should be heading out to the contest....any volunteers from the Chevy dealership?....laughing....I did send them a great customer satisfaction survey......looking forward to it.....even with the ringer heading in from MO........should be a great time....

Latest Contest News - Boston Hills BBQ Fest, Boston, NY

Here's the latest contest news about the Boston Hills BBQ Fest:

We have set the maximum number of contestants to be 49 this year. Entry forms and judging registration forms are being sent out daily. The Governor's Proclamation Request Letter is in the right hands, and we expect to have that back in the coming weeks.

Looks like we're headed toward a full roster, and all of the judges that have registered so far, are KCBS certified. Payouts will be based on the field. Trophies will be awarded through 5th, and ribbons through 10th.

If you plan on competing or judging, please get your paperwork in. Looking forward to seeing you in June!

Mike Cartechine
Contest Chairman
Boston Hills BBQ Fest

And Rochester, NY don't forget Brian that is lucky #7, so now about the NY CUP

We are looking forward to it! We are knee deep in trip planning now!!! :)

Hey Mike, how do we get on the judging list for the grilling event?

I am going to have to let you know on that one.

Here's how we are seating Judges. Its first come, first served. Certified KCBS Judges willing to judge BOTH the KCBS and the Grilling Events, will be given priority. So far, all the judges who have registered are KCBS Certified, and have committed to judge both days.

If we need judges for Sunday, I know who to approach. Stay tuned sports fans. :-D

You might be able to get Kim or I for judging on the Grilling day too... I am really struggling with what I would try to enter if we cooked that. But judging it would be quite interesting!

You might be able to get Kim or I for judging on the Grilling day too... I am really struggling with what I would try to enter if we cooked that. But judging it would be quite interesting!

See post #18 :-D

Back