***SPECIAL*** BBQ Brethren "Cook It Like a Brisket" Throwdown!

Actually, I went to sleep while smoking a roasting hen a few weeks ago. When I woke up it had climbed to 205 IT in the breast.:shocked: Funny thing is, it was still moist, had a great smokey flavor. The skin had pulled back everywhere and had a little crunch to it, and overall it didn't suck. Made some GREAT smoked chicken salad.

Actually, I went to sleep while smoking a roasting hen a few weeks ago. When I woke up it had climbed to 205 IT in the breast.:shocked: Funny thing is, it was still moist, had a great smokey flavor. The skin had pulled back everywhere and had a little crunch to it, and overall it didn't suck. Made some GREAT smoked chicken salad.

You sure you werent making Chicken Burnt Ends? :rolleyes:

Allright, i'll go first.

Here is a pork shoulder i cooked like a brisket.
Used Bubba's Best Beef Rub, smoked at 250 for about 10 hrs till probe tender, no foil, no spritzing or mopping.

Amazingly enough tastes just like farken brisket!

brisketcook008.jpg

By imn88fan at 2009-07-07

Allright, i'll go first.

Here is a pork shoulder i cooked like a brisket.
Used Bubba's Best Beef Rub, smoked at 250 for about 10 hrs till probe tender, no foil, no spritzing or mopping.

Amazingly enough tastes just like farken brisket!

brisketcook008.jpg

By imn88fan at 2009-07-07

But did it taste like Chicken?

Just bought my first brisket a couple days ago hoping to cook it this weekend. :mad: Guess thats not going to happen. I guess its time to pull out the nachos. :laugh:

I think BBq Bubba cheated on his pork butt cooked like a brisket, he seems to have started with what looks like a brisket to make a pork butt, which seems a little odd, actually, as it would seem to lack the overall flavor of pork and the texture might end up being a little too brisket like, what with not starting with a pork butt to begin with.

Oh man, stoke of farking genious... tofu cooked like a brisket. :idea:

I bet you didn't see THAT coming. :heh:

CD

Has anyone cooked squirrel stuffed eggplant like a brisket? If not, I may make that my second entry:becky:

I have one more quick question.

What if I don't know how to cook a brisket, is there anything I can use as a guideline? Tri-tip perhaps:becky:

Back