Grapevine Texas?

Norcoredneck

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Have a relative going there and wants a recomendation for a good BBq joint. Ant Texas Brethren have suggestions? Thanks.

Have a relative going there and wants a recomendation for a good BBq joint. Ant Texas Brethren have suggestions? Thanks.

My company has meetings in Grapevine a couple times a year. I have yet to find a good BBQ place. However, Uncle Bucks Steakhouse in the Bass Pro Shop is outstanding.

Will they have access to a car or are they locked in Grapevine for a convention or something?

Not BBQ, but there's a good place in front of Grapevine Mills Mall called Love & War in Texas.
http://www.loveandwarintexas.com/

It's a little pricey but we got the Governor's Plate for a special occassion a year or two ago. Fajitas were very good, but not great. Ribs were tasty but overcooked (everybody else loved them), Sausage was excellent. The four of us left stuffed.

It's a little pricey but we got the Governor's Plate for a special occassion a year or two ago. Fajitas were very good, but not great. Ribs were tasty but overcooked (everybody else loved them), Sausage was excellent. The four of us left stuffed.

The Plano location is better than the 1 time I ate at Grapevine. They have a good crab stuffed portabella. I've actually never tried any of the Q. But I have had the Governer's Plate on more than 1 occassion.

Main St., which happens to be on Main st. in Euless, not far from Grapevine. They also compete. They are only open on certain days if I remember correctly.

I wanted brisket.......walked up to the counter and the guy said sliced or chopped. Sliced. He put the point of the knife on the cutting board and easliy just drew the knife across the brisket, slicing it so easily. No sawing back and forth. I can't do that.

Greg

Love & War in Texas does have a decent chicken fried steak.

Main Street BBQ in Euless can be hit and miss, but have had acceptable Q there on occassion. Hard to beat all you can eat for $12 though. Open Fri/Sat/Sun and is BYOB.

Bartley's BBQ on Northwest Hwy (a block or two east of Main street in a shopping center) in Grapevine has it's good moments too. Their ribs are usually good and the beans and slaw ain't bad either. They are closed on Mondays

If you go to Hard Eight be sure to go at a busy time so that the meat isn't sitting on the serving pit for ever drying out. You order you meats right off this pit there by weight. Becareful because the meat cutters don't know 1/4lb from 3/4lb and you always get more, and are charged for, meat than you request. The side there are overly expensive, but they do have free beans an bread. When we have went, I just get the meat and load up on beans/bread and skip the other sides.

This place isn't that far from Grapevine. I've been there a couple of times and it was good, but not great. It's a little on the pricey side for the serving side, but not too far out of line.

http://www.feedstorebbq.com/

Back