MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #121
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

Curious, how far is your controller from your wifi router? Do you think it's a distance issue or maybe walls the signal has to pass through?

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieA View Post
Guys thanks for all the help. Still not to happy with my CyberQ Wifi . Did a dry run Sat. the CyberQ Wifi would drop from my router about every 15 mins. so had to buy and install a repeater so I could get a better signle out side. Did some ribs today and the software worked great over 6 hours low and slow. My cyberQ II worked great and the software was great. Cant make up my mind on which one to keep using. Guess I will wait for a frimware up date and a Ipad app. before I make a decision. Thank you all
palmtreefrb is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #122
RitchieA
Found some matches.

The controller is less than 60 feet away. My phone anf ipad get 4 bars . I never haved trouble with them droping. So I added a repeater and now my phone and Ipad get 5 bars and no dropes from the CybeQ .
RitchieA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #123
RitchieA
Found some matches.

I think it is the controller when I first got it had a hell of time set it up. I had to send it back and they replaced the board. when i got it back I still had a hard time with set it up. Works a lot better now with the repeater. BTW your software Rocks
RitchieA is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #124
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieA View Post
The controller is less than 60 feet away. My phone anf ipad get 4 bars . I never haved trouble with them droping. So I added a repeater and now my phone and Ipad get 5 bars and no dropes from the CybeQ .
It's really not the distance, it's what's in between that matters. Things like aluminum siding, low-E windows, etc. all cut signal strength.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #125
ROF, Texas
On the road to being a farker

I ordered my CyberQ WIfi on Friday. Spent many hours reading (mainly here) prior to ordering. My tech skill level is somewhere between novice and advanced. I set up my home networks and "tecky" gadgets with no problem, normally. I have a very fast comcast internet connection (+/- 28mbs down and 8.5mbs up ) and a good dual band router with great signal strength. Based upon this, what is the probability of me being able to set this up to perform away from my home network?
I also have one more question (proably stupid). I have a Verizon 4lt hotspot that I would like to use at comps (when away from home network). Can this be configured to utilize the hotspot and be accessed from the web?
Thanks for any comments/help.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #126
Jaskew82
is One Chatty Farker

With regards to your ability to setup at home, you can do it. It shouldn't be that hard. Naked Whiz just did a write up on their page that might be good assistance (beyond what you might have read on these forums).

As for the hotspot, if you can log into some sort of webpage for the hotspot, it might be configurable. Otherwise, call verizon and ask for help.

2013 Stumps Classic - Delivered 4/15/13
Large BGE - Rescued 2012
2010 WSM 22.5"
2010 Weber genesis gas grill
Rescued 22.5 Weber One-touch gold
Yellow Thermopen
BBQ Guru CyberQ
2011 Built UDS - Retired
Jaskew82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #127
Jaskew82
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by imott View Post
Run the installer as Administrator.
My account is the only one on this computer and its set to administrator.

2013 Stumps Classic - Delivered 4/15/13
Large BGE - Rescued 2012
2010 WSM 22.5"
2010 Weber genesis gas grill
Rescued 22.5 Weber One-touch gold
Yellow Thermopen
BBQ Guru CyberQ
2011 Built UDS - Retired
Jaskew82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #128
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

Right click on the setup.exe file and choose "Run as Administrator"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskew82 View Post
My account is the only one on this computer and its set to administrator.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #129
imott
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by appdesigngeeks View Post
I should have a working iPhone version very soon. As soon as I do, i can post some links for people to download the test version. After that Android will be available shortly after. If everything goes well with the phone version, I will also release the iPad and Android tablet versions.

Thanks for all of the feedback!!
Any update on a release?
imott is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #130
NCGrimbo
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdoggie View Post
I'm not aware of anything currently available for Android or iPhone, but given the simplicity of the interface it probably wouldn't be too much work for any developers that have made a Stoker app to make it work with both the Stoker and the CyberQ.

I may work on an Android app myself, but I'd rather just pay someone else a few bucks if there is something out there already.
I'm looking into adding Guru support to StokeMaster for the iOS devices. But I need to save up my money to get a Guru first.
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially, a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab through the sky with fire and math? How jaded do we have to be to lose collective interest in that?" - Robert Brockway
-----------------------------------------------------------
Weber 26.5"
Yoder YS640

-NCGrimbo
NCGrimbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #131
appdesigngeeks
Got Wood.

Default iPhone/Android App Update

Hi Guys,

I have talked a couple of times with the engineer of the Wifi Guru and they are supposed to be releasing a firmware update this week and I am going to be testing the app with. I have had some issues with the web server losing its connection and this new firmware is supposed to fix this. I want to test this new firmware before I send out any test app.

I can provide some more screen shots if anyone is interested.

Thanks
appdesigngeeks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #132
bxmartin
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Screen Shots Please!!! Can't wait for this app!!!!
bxmartin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #133
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

There will be a CyberQ Wifi firmware update coming out soon. Below are the new features/fixes.

Once I have tested the changes and the firmware update is released a new CyberQ Wifi Windows Controller update will be made available.

Note: The firmware upgrade will reset your controller to the factory settings.

The updates are:
• All webpages and XML files password protected. Username and password can be set on the WIFI page.
• HTTP port can now be modified, from the WIFI webpage or the LCD UI.
• Added all.xml - this is similar to status.xml but has more sensor info (names and setpoints). Not adding these values to status.xml, to keep the execution of status.xml low.
• Added config.xml - this is similar to all.xml but adds all user configurable values.
• WIFI key removed from LCD UI for security.
• All web pages have a reset button that will reset the CyberQ.
• TCP/IP stack, SMTP client and HTTP server updated. This should eliminate some problems people have with WPA/WPA2 (more aggressive reconnecting). This should eliminate some problems people have with routers that don't forward ARP requests onto 1/2Mpbs. This should eliminate some problems with the HTTP server locking up, or complicated web pages shutting of the WIFI module. SMTP client should look for buffer empty before closing (should and other changes should resolve issues with e-mails getting cut off).
• WIFI key (once entered) is hidden from LCD UI
• Splash screen updated. Shows connecting while waiting for connect. Delay changed to 25s. You can press a button to exit.
• To prevent any spurious alarms from getting latched, the alarms automatically reset when the alarm condition goes away.
The ramp feature has been modified to prevent the pit setpoint from rising regardless of the pit and meat setpoints

Last edited by palmtreefrb; 07-18-2012 at 11:58 AM..

Old 07-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #134
moontz
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtreefrb View Post
• All webpages and XML files password protected. Username and password can be set on the WIFI page.
dang it! i was hoping to screw with my buddies wifi guru at the next comp
moontz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #135
Dat'L Grill
Got Wood.

Based on the Guru DXII I think the best test is to get some meat on the smoker. As I would call it run a test.
· By Meat
· Season meat
· Open Beer
· Light smoker
· Turn on your new toy.
· Validate systems running
· Open next Beer
· Listen to fan running
· Once the Pit is to programmed to temp determine the number of beers left.
· Wait one half hour
· Validate systems running
· Open Pit door. Wait one minute ( wiggle probes do what ever people do when they open the pit up ( mop the meat ))
· Sit down
· Listen for the fan
· Watch your graphs
· Drink a beer.

I think you will be happy at this point

If not bill your time to some losing job and plan for the next smoking test.