MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #1
Bentley
Babbling Farker

Default Tracking competitions you have judged.

I will ask this of any KCBS BoD members who read this forum. Has any thought been given to a different type of recording for contests you have judged, other than the get your judging sheet signed? It seems a little archaic & antiquated in the age of the computer. Is there any plans to have a computer recorded database of competitions judged?

I know my request is somewhat biased because I judged a couple of contest several years ago and did not get the reps to sign my sheet, so they will not be counted. I would think it would not be too much extra effort to have your CBJ & KCBS number entered on the judging slip and then entered after a contest. It would keep a running total of the contest judged...Contest & date completed.

Is this an unrealistic objective? I realize you have to have checks and balances. It wold be nice if a computer with internet access was provide at each contest, much like a computer used to enter your score after each round of golf, the USGA then has a record of your handicap. You enter your CBJ number and you are credited for the contest.

I would appreciate any comments from the BoD.
Certified Master Judge #5382

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
Bentley is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2009, 11:24 PM   #2
Desertdog
On the road to being a farker

I would agree, Bentley. I ahve judged many KCBS competitions, but forget to bring my sheet or, I have it but forget to have someone sign it. I guess making Master Judge ain't that important to me, on the other hand it could pay off in the long run some how.

Kinda like frequent flier miles. If I forget to give my FFN at the beginning of the fglight, I have to go back and fax in a copy of my boarding pass etc. etc. etc. Not worth the trouble.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:43 AM   #3
LindaM
Full Fledged Farker

As a matter of fact the new scoring program has the capibility of doing this, as does the current program. At this time this feature has not been used. There are plans to use it in the future, however, I do not think it will end the signing of the sheets, but it will confirm contests you judged at. The use of tracking sheets is for the CBJ committee and should be taken up with Ed Roith at eroith at kcbs dot com. Hope this helps.
LindaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:15 AM   #4
Bentley
Babbling Farker

Thanks for the input.
Certified Master Judge #5382

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
Bentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:41 PM   #5
Gowan
is Blowin Smoke!

Excellent question Bentley. Thanks for posting!
Gowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:43 AM   #6
Gene01
Knows what a fatty is.

the version that is about to come out is to track judges to show if they are way off from the rest of the table, another database would need to be built for the office to track actual judged events creating more work for office peersonel, I think that the judges who are asked to take the responsibility to bring their judging log book is not going to change honestly.
Gene01 is offline   Reply With Quote