• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

2 10x10 Eazy-Up and rain!

sdbbq1234

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
We have 2 10x10 Eazy-Ups. We set them up side-by-side.

If it rains, I can only imagine the amount of water that is going to be flowing down at the middle of the where they meet.

Any suggestions on how to divert the water? Or, anything of that sort.

Thanks in advance.

wallace

They sell gutter kits just for that, I bought one. I'm sure some crafty person here can tell you how to make one for less.

Some good ideas.

I think I am also going to find out about the Fat Boy on grass with rain to boot!

:cry:

Oh well, hard trying times make for interesting stories later down the road.

wallace

We folded the ends of each tent over and used plastic clamps to hold them together. This kind of created a gutter. As the gutters are cheap, we just bought them in hopes that they work better. Good luck with what ever way you decide to go.

We do the fold-and-spring-clip maneuver too, with the middle rolled a little higher so that the runoff goes to the sides.

Also, with 10x10s, keep an eye on puddles gathering on the roof toward the edge -- we poke them from the underside every now and then to bounce the water off, because our canopies have seen a couple of seasons and aren't supertight any more.

We do the fold-and-spring-clip maneuver too, with the middle rolled a little higher so that the runoff goes to the sides.

Also, with 10x10s, keep an eye on puddles gathering on the roof toward the edge -- we poke them from the underside every now and then to bounce the water off, because our canopies have seen a couple of seasons and aren't supertight any more.

Good idea about the middle part!

LOL! Yep, I usually do that at the most unopportuned time, like when someone is walking underneath the edge, or someone moved a storage box or something underneath the edge.

wallace

Make sure you use STRONG Clamps!! When you poke the water away, we've had it bust through a clamp and come right into the middle of the site - on top of people and things. Clothspins are not strong enough.

We used to use [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Large-Binder-Clips-Black-A7072100B/dp/B002VD6BLG/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1365994589&sr=8-9&keywords=metal+clips"]binder clips[/ame], until we just broke down and got a 10x20 tent.

+1 on the sping clamps.

We've had the double-size ez-ups, and went back to a pair of 10s for the versatility. Sometimes there isn't room for both in the cooksite, or the weather doesn't require it. Nice to have options.

+1 on the sping clamps.

We've had the double-size ez-ups, and went back to a pair of 10s for the versatility. Sometimes there isn't room for both in the cooksite, or the weather doesn't require it. Nice to have options.

I agree on the bigger 20x10 shelter. They have those at Costco now. They weigh a TON it seems like.

We gotta go with the 2 10x10s for now. Maybe a trailer is in our future, but not now.

wallace

Last edited:
Back