Well duh!

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Must be the curse of not owning a foil hat! All of my meat processing has been done by others! I've seen the processors setup many times! It just dawned on me about making mass amounts of pork steaks, STL Ribs, and other cuts...... I buy mostly cases and process with my handy day knifes (Time consuming) doing large amounts. Pre semi freeze what I want to process then using a band saw (Dedicated to meat only) use to cut STL Ribs, pork steaks ect. Sanitize everything between different meats. (Thats what they do) This is going to make life so much easier! I can get one anywhere from $80 on up. My ? is how many RPM will I need to make this simple and not bog down the saw? I am in Jeannie mode..........Watchout

Who says evolution does not exist? Collectively we all start off simple with our grilling and before long we are neck deep in making our smokers, grills, rubs, sauces and now... being our own butcher.
I have no idea on your question and do not mean to hijack the thread, but simply want to say that I am impressed with your ambition and drive to mass produce your own meats.

Good job and as my kids say, " you go boy" :clap2:

Careful Ash... If this keeps up you might need some pasture land for the cattle and some pens for the hogs!

You can do it Ash! I have faith in ya...
Pick up a drill press too. :-D

Ash
Dad and I processed lots of meat over the years, we finally purchased a used Hobart "commercial grade" meat band saw. It was 220v 1 hp I don't know the RPM's but it did a great job. I suggest asking your local butcher or go online to food processing sites for spec's.
Good Luck

How bout this one?
huge_saw.jpg

Good looking beef Ash!
Here is one of my future briskets.. :becky:

421f9280-1.jpg

I process pigs but don't have the refrigeration or space needed to hang beef... so they go to the butcher. I'm sure they would be too much for me to handle anyway. :p

How far would u be willing to drive to get a saw, I know were theirs one setting I can get a price for ya its an oldy but we don't use it any more

Sent from my Garminfone using Tapatalk

Marty, check on Orscheln Farm and Home stores. At the beginning of deer season here in NE, they have the meat saw with integral grinder for about $200 on sale. A friend has one that he uses year round like you want to use, and it is a great unit. The only thing I didn't like was the size of the table on it.

Back