To Hide Or Not To Hide?

FatBoyz

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
this is not to start chit this is just to see how people feel about things in comps!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so hear goes...
Do you think trailers with the cooker inside should be band? Or hiding your whole site with tents and sides? now remember i cook this way. so i am throwing myself under the bus to!!! I think after carful consideration that your cooker should have to be out side... I am not saying that anyone is cheeting. i just want to know if anybody thinks this way? as i am not going to be as i call it hiding in my RV or trailer this year but i will be putting some sides up if the weater is bad... So what to ya'll think? this is just for fun and for your opinion and everyone can have an opinion. so no azz packing someone for what thay feel... thanks

I cook outside and suffer the weather like all the other outside folks. However, no,
I dont think it should be a requirement. I envy those folks, frankly.

Absolutely not. People that will cheat will find a way, no matter where they prep or cook. If someone wants some privacy they are entitled to it.

I cook outside and suffer the weather like all the other outside folks. However, no,
I dont think it should be a requirement. I envy those folks, frankly.

Ditto!

I seem to recall some TV dutch oven cookoff where they did require folks to have a more authentic wild west cooksite (require might be too harsh, but every single one of them was braving the elements). Maybe that was because of their open flame/campfire requirement.

Same goes for jambalaya cookoffs (open flame...heck most of those supply the rice so folks don't go monkey'ng with par-boiled rice and stuff).

Absolutely not. People that will cheat will find a way, no matter where they prep or cook. If someone wants some privacy they are entitled to it.

Agree totally. Cheaters are cheaters, indoors or out.

I think cook where and how you want, but there should be no objections to allow anyone to pop in. I have a large trailer and we prep in there for heat and a/c, but anyone is welcome in anytime, even during turn in. We put the cooker outside because of ventialtion isuues, but if I had it inside I would love it. I do hate people who keep to themselves and never come out of their selfmade caves though, it does make you wonder!

As I'll have one of those trailers this year I sure hope I can cook out of it. After all I'll be fully HD inspected and licensed with the setup I have. Now I will have the ramp door open on the cooker section so anybody can see in and I'll probably do meat prep and box prep in that area rather then those clean vending counters but who knows.

Not sure about anybody coming in during box prep. A rep sure but otherwise only if invited. The rest of the time people can drop by and usually find me sitting under one of the awnings.

As far as cheating goes, people can cheat using EZUP's just as easily. When it's windy sides are up and you often can't see what's going on. And more cheating will go on outside the cooker than inside.

Another way to look at it vs cheating is---

BBQ is a spectator sport for the average Joe--people that come to the events like to see the different set ups, smokers, and see the bbq teams. It's not much fun to walk through an event and see smoke rolling out of the side of a trailer with no visible activity in the area. I know we are there to win--just my two cents.

Clark

Exactly.. I mean, I like to prep my meat when I am naked. I don't really want anyone else around.... :shock:

Exactly.. I mean, I like to prep my meat when I am naked. I don't really want anyone else around.... :shock:
Note to self: Not going to a contest with a sausage category where scottie is competing

thank you you now owe me a new laptop... roflmao you know there is a comp where i was spoted in the buff at 3 in the morning... come to think of it we beat them guys to lol

thank you you now owe me a new laptop... roflmao you know there is a comp where i was spoted in the buff at 3 in the morning... come to think of it we beat them guys to lol

The good news is.... It looks like the new computer has spell check!!!

I could care less if they hide. I keep my stuff in my toy hauler but it's more because I don't want to drag it all out.

I really don't care what others are doing. I am usually so concentrated on what we do that the top 10 KCBS teams could be outside giving a free class on all their secrets and I wouldn't know.

The only thing I think it cuts down on is socializing.

Locks keep honest people honest. Rules keep honest people honest. you get my drift.
:confused::icon_sickThanks for the image Scottie, I don't know if I can go to sleep tonight.:icon_blush::icon_cool:icon_bugeyed:icon_sick:-?:eek::twisted:

Back