Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 2nd Annual Kiwanis of Cocoa Beach BBQ, Melbourne, FL August 20-21 2010 (FBA)

T

TexEx

Hey guys, the clock is ticking. If you are coming but have not yet sent in your entry go ahead and get it done, or at least call the organizer and tell them that you will be there.
It should be a good contest. I understand that there will be a 'Kegger' on Friday night for the cookteams.

Darn. Going to be back home by then. Anything going on around the weekend of the 6th?

. I understand that there will be a 'Kegger' on Friday night for the cookteams.[/QUOTE]

Knowing how some of them FBA teams can drink, i hope they plan on having several "keggers" :shock:

. I understand that there will be a 'Kegger' on Friday night for the cookteams.

Knowing how some of them FBA teams can drink, i hope they plan on having several "keggers" :shock:[/QUOTE]

Willie. If you are going to be there I will make sure they save you some.... but don't come too late...

We will see you bros there?

I don't drink beer, but I'll have my first one that night...I hope I wake up to start cooking:p. My rehearsal dinner is that night, so I was thinking we could all just swing by after that:p. I'm new to these things and don't want to overstep my boundaries, but there will probably only be 15-20 of us, but 5-6 of them are small children and will not be drinking:p.

I want to be considerate...do I RSVP or just show up:p?
What should we wear, it's supposed to be hot, right:p?
Should I bring something or maybe just a fun mixed tape, any ideas:p?

I will probably do a beer can chicken for everybody to see:p. Can I borrow a grill from any of you guys:p? What you do is take a beer can and put it inside a chicken and cook it:p. You guys will love it:p!

This is going to be cool, I can't wait to have you guys show me all of your neat grills and tips and tricks:p.

I've got a few fun jokes that I probably shouldn't tell, but I'm going to anyways:p! Is there anything that is off limits or does everybody have a fun personality:p.

If Swamp Boys is there would he be offended if I got an autograph for my fiance:p?

If there is anything else that I should plan for, please tell me:p. This is my first competition and I've been working on a few things:p.
1. Beer Can Chicken:p
2. Raspberry Chipotle Ribs:p
3. Tequiza & Lime Pork:p
4. Brisket (nothing on it...just let the meat speak for itself):p

You guys are awesome and thanks again:p.

If there is anything that I should know, please call me @ 863-221-8144:p

Joel

Dang Joel, you seem really happy:p. And a fiance' to boot:p? Send her over, I'd be happy to meet her:p.

In the mean time get you cool bro to make that proclamation happen.

I'll be there if I don't get sent overseas again. I was all set to go to Live Oak and got sent to Germany/France 3 days before the event. I'm still there now (hello from Marseille).

The Cocoa Beach event is supposed to be held about 2 miles from where I live. So if anyone needs local help/knowledge, let me know. Always happy to help out a fellow Q'er.

Russ

FBA Cocoa Beach (Melbourne) FL is now a qualifier.... They have room for a few more teams so get your entry in quickly if interested.

For entry an form or info call the organizer Richard Vaughn (321)-749-6142 or email him rtv756@yahoo.com -
Or contact me BBQRay@comcast.net (941)-735-4152
Ask about the $2500 Grand!

Thanks to the controversial goodbuddiesbbq the proclamation has been obtained for this. Despite the occasional misunderstandings of the humor these guys, they really are great guys and good friends of mine. They just take a little getting used to :crazy:

Back