• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Tonight's pizza on the XL Egg

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
We had a coupon for a free package of pizza dough. One is good for a 10-12" pizza so I figured why not combine 2 bags and make a 17" pizza.
IMG_9699.jpg

We went pretty simple with pizza sauce, mozzarella, sausage, and mushrooms and popped it into the XL Egg:
IMG_9707.jpg

IMG_9714.jpg

Sliced and it was time for dinner:
IMG_9740.jpg

It turned out quite well and I'll be doing it again some time. Thanks for looking.

What's that paper you have there and where do you get it? I could solve my multiple pizza and one peel problem. Thanks. Great looking za btw....

What's that paper you have there and where do you get it? I could solve my multiple pizza and one peel problem. Thanks. Great looking za btw....

That's parchment paper. You should be able to find it at most grocery stores. My roll was 15" wide so I needed to overlap two sheets. I did a pretty rough job tearing off the paper that overlapped the pizza stone.

Great pizza.. I've been thinking of doing more as I've not done one in per a year. I do mine really hot (725+), and burned up some parchment paper that way the first time :)

Looks great. I need to get parchment paper. I have been having trouble transferring the pizza on to the pizza stone. Thanks.

Pre-cook the Pizza crust for a minute or two ...then take it off and add
the toppings....now it will slide onto the grate or stone very easy.

At the Niagara Eggfest I am known for the Pizza on the XL

Pizza on the egg is hard to beat...my stomach is growling!

How did your Pizza's turnout? I have't been on here that long. Just looking to make some new friends. Thirdeye suggested I join this forum. How do you like it here in comparion to the greeneggers.com?

How did your Pizza's turnout? I have't been on here that long. Just looking to make some new friends. Thirdeye suggested I join this forum. How do you like it here in comparion to the greeneggers.com?

Welcome aboard to a fellow Eggfest chef!

It was the best pizza I've cooked on my Egg but I've only cooked maybe 6 of them total in my Egg so I’m by no means a pizza cooking expert. Next time I think I will roll the crust a little flatter as we like our crust a little thinner and I'll probably try a blend of cheeses and another topping.

As for this forum, I like it more here than greeneggers. Here's my reasons why:

- I have several different makes/types of cookers and this forum isn’t as cooker specific
- I like the look, feel & function of the interface better here
- It is compatible with Tapatalk which I like on the iphone
- The moderators are more active here keeping things in order better (IMO)
- I enjoy the weekly Throwdowns here. They really inspire me to try new things.
- I’ve made a lot more friends here and there are several brethren local allowing us to get together for bashes

Although I prefer to spend more time here, there are a few guys that appear to be as equally comfortable (and respected) here as they are at greeneggers. Some that come to mind are: Thirdeye, Ross In Ventura, Hoss, and deepsouth.

I think you'll like it here!

Back