BBQ Restaurants across the U.S.

SethBBQ

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone know of a site where you can lookup BBQ restaurants to find good ones anywhere you go? I travel quite a bit and like to find good BBQ wherever I go. Unfortunately, Yelp seems to show a lot of non BBQ restaurants under the BBQ category.

Thanks,

Seth

90 % of every Joint I have been to all over the US Suck there are a few good ones and those are the ones you hear mentioned here and in public. Those ratings that you see are often written by people that their Idea of good BBQ is cooked on Gasser andsmothered with a bottle of Kraft original. My 2 cents stick to the local cuisine for where you are.

All I know is if you come through Valdosta, don't bother with the Smokin' Pig. Apparently the critics like them. Lots of hype, no substance... Hell, the local Sonny's is better.

VR,
Harold

I don't think you'll find a much better resource than the Brethren Road Trips forum.

As blu stated, TMBBQ is an amazing resource for TX BBQ.

If you are coming to Maine Bucks Naked BBQ in the Old Port in Portland does OK. PM for my recommendations if you head that way.

90 % of every Joint I have been to all over the US Suck there are a few good ones and those are the ones you hear mentioned here and in public. Those ratings that you see are often written by people that their Idea of good BBQ is cooked on Gasser andsmothered with a bottle of Kraft original. My 2 cents stick to the local cuisine for where you are.

It amazes me how many places in Texas stay in business with the quality of their BBQ. And I'm not only talking about chains, there are a couple old establishments I can think of that I could defeat with my little knowledge.

This list is great!

Yes, you're right about a lot of places being pretty mediocre. That's what the reviews are for so you can really dig in and find a good meal. As far as being able to do better, it's nice to have someone else cook for me every once in a while..

Seth

Yeah, the Road Trips forum seems right up my alley too. I'm heading to Seattle area Wednesday, so I'll post a query about it.

Seth

Since I'm in Massachusetts, this is just about perfect..

Thanks for this great list.

Seth

If you are near michigan, there is a BBQ chain restaurant here called "Bad Brad's" it's named correctly, easily the worst bbq i have EVER had.. just wanted to mention that it should be avoided at all costs...

Thanks for the warning.. the name has bad in it, so I won't have a hard time remembering that..

Seth

Last edited:
Also for NC, truecue.org has a shorter list for those in the state cooking with wood only

http://www.truecue.org/true-cue-nc/

in agree that for New England, pigtail is great. Gary does a super job. I've had the honor to go on quite a few review missions "crawls" with him and a few other Brethren.

Back