Tips for a rib roast on a Weber OTG?

kevine

Full Fledged Farker
I'm going camping with my daughters and our Y-Guides tribe this weekend. I'm bringing my OTG and a couple 6-7 lb rib roasts. Any suggestions other than salt, pepper and some indirect for an hour or two? Doesn't need to be fancy, but I'd sure like to dial it up a little bit for the other dads.

Salt and peppa is ALL you need.Indirect(I prefer 250-275) til it's done to your liking.DO NOT cook by time,cook til desired internal temp.It will rise in temp during the rest period so pull it shy of that,tent and rest.I cook em Lo-N-Slo because they will be the same doness throughtout.If you cook em hot the outer part will overcook before the middle is done.No need for a sear,But if you like that,do it, it is not a steak,it is Rib Roast.:wink: DO NOT overcook,if it is a little too rare for some,you can always throw their slice back on the grill for a minute or two,you,me or NO ONE else can uncook anything!:wink: GOOD LUCK!

I second for the Montreal Seasoning unless of course you have access to The Rub Co. products since you are in Cali. If you can buy it some where locally, get the Rub Co.'s Santa Maria rub and don't look back.

(I have not used theirs but I use Santa Maria rub regularly and being a brethren company I am sure it will rock your socks right off!)

Mmmmm...great tips everyone. Since I'm doing two of them, I'll go find me some rub for one, and salt/pepper the other. Thanks!

Back