Royal Oak Sale Score thanks to......(pics)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Thanks to riskyguy for the kmart sale notification. Kmarts are hard to find around me but stopped by one this morning not expecting the sale to be in my area but it was. What is crazy is the normal price at kmart for royal oak is $6 for 16lbs which is way cheaper than the $6 for 9ish lbs at walmart. Then it was half off for $3 so I of course bought all 12 bags they had. And I'll be looking for more kmarts this weekend.

Here is the price
2011-09-17_08-17-20_0.jpg

Here is what the had. A few bags on the shelf to the right.
2011-09-17_08-20-01_756.jpg

Now in my cart
2011-09-17_08-21-08_117.jpg

And loaded up
2011-09-17_08-25-19_248.jpg

Sweet score, I have a Kmart close by at the day job. I will stop by, thanks for the intel!

I passed it up at my Kmart. The RO came from Paraguay.

Thanks to riskyguy for the kmart sale notification
+1 to riskguy & also to fnbish for reminding me to go this morning.

All my K-mart had left was 2 bags of RO Steak House lump (got 'em) and 3 bags of Frontier Mesquite Cookin' Chunks (got them also). All for less than $20.

Just got back from K-Mart with 6 bags of RO, 2 - 22" generic brand replacement grates for the UDS, 2 beer can chicken holders, and a Weber SJS to complete my tamale pot smoker project ... all for only $57 :-D

Hey guys I'm new here so I don't know if you guys know about this site

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lump.htm

It rates lump coal and also says were it comes from. RO come from several places. You need to read the bag to see where.

Thought I would pass the info on.

Jerry

I had no idea it was on sale till I saw this thread. They didn't have any red bags, but did have 10 bags of Steak House lump I picked up. I haven't tried the steak house lump yet but for the price I couldn't walk away without it.

the steak house lump is basically the same as the red bags. i use both and cant tell the difference

I didn't know if this was a "Buy American" issue or if something was wrong with it or both.

It is the quality. The stuff from Paraguay is real crap. Try it and you will understand.

I checked the bags and all are made in the US. I'll keep a watch if I find any from outside the country and see how they are different. Now I just wish there were more kmarts near :p

Royal Oak markets lump charcoal under their brand from the U.S., Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil. As far as I know all their briqs are made in the U.S.

Back