MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
U2CANQUE
is One Chatty Farker

Default Danville, VA...Pigs in the Park...

Ok, I know that the contest is pretty much sold out, full, etc...etc...etc.., and from what I hear, it is for good reason. I know some of the teams that will be hitting the scenic setting of Danville, VA, but, who all else is planning on attending? Also, with George putting on the meal for cooks on Thursday night, who is planning on getting there early? This will be trip number 2 down south, and I am really looking forward to this one....
Cleveland, Ohio

Jambo (J-3) Black on Black-with Hot Rod Flames
FEC w/ IQ4
U2CANQUE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2009, 02:30 PM   #2
Tarheel
Full Fledged Farker

Wink

We will be there on Thursday early. Looking foward to it already.

Roy & Gay & Champ
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2009, 02:32 PM   #3
butts
Full Fledged Farker

We will be there, looks like it will be Friday at about noon.

Congrats, Tarheel on the Reserve in Kings Mountain.
7' X 14' enclosed trailer
ButtsandBreastts BBQ
Facebook: Butts and Breastts
butts is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
U2CANQUE
is One Chatty Farker

looking forward to it....as I was driving back to Cleveland, I was already starting to plan on the trip back down....see you guys there! Hoping on early afternoon Thursday....
Cleveland, Ohio

FEC w/ IQ4

Old 04-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

We'll be there. Probably roll in between 8pm-10pm on Thursday night. It was a blast last year, great people!

Old 05-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #6
U2CANQUE
is One Chatty Farker

two more weeks....heard that it was full, or, really close.....and only 4 Brethren teams going to be there.....need to work on some recruiting in the South.......looking forward to the trip....I will also be there early Thursday.....
Cleveland, Ohio

FEC w/ IQ4

Old 05-02-2009, 12:10 PM   #7
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

I will be up on Friday afternoon after work for awhile, like I was at King's Mountain..... this is going to be expensive if a certain person from Ohio keeps showing up and expecting fresh ground coffee delivery service every time....

Was two "baggies" enough????
2 UGLY drum smokers
Weber 22 1/2" & 18 1/2" Kettle
Super fast RED Thermapen
Screaming fast ORANGE Thermapen
KCBS Certified Table Captain
KCBS Certified Judge
smoke-n-my-i's is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #8
U2CANQUE
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Was two "baggies" enough????
Ugh, didnt the guys from Screaming Night Hog tell ya, I was up, all ready to make coffee Saturday morning, and WHAM....opened the box that was supposed to hold my morning grail, and it was more water hose.....no coffee pot....noooooooooo laughing matter....bad bad bad......I am prepared this time, left the camper down in Mt. Airy, but, the coffee pot is now in the back of my truck, in the lock box......no more slow start to saturday mornings for me.......phew!
Cleveland, Ohio

FEC w/ IQ4

Old 05-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #9
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2CANQUE View Post
Ugh, didnt the guys from Screaming Night Hog tell ya, I was up, all ready to make coffee Saturday morning, and WHAM....opened the box that was supposed to hold my morning grail, and it was more water hose.....no coffee pot....noooooooooo laughing matter....bad bad bad......I am prepared this time, left the camper down in Mt. Airy, but, the coffee pot is now in the back of my truck, in the lock box......no more slow start to saturday mornings for me.......phew!

So does that mean that you were half asleep Saturday???

Well, you know that trailer that you think is in Mt. Airy???? I now have one just like it....

So, is there enough coffee then for Danville???? or did some one take it home to use???
2 UGLY drum smokers
Super fast RED Thermapen
KCBS Certified Judge

Old 05-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #10
U2CANQUE
is One Chatty Farker

I put it in a airtight sealed bag, should still be good.....half asleep, nah, was well rested in my...ooops, check that, your new trailer.....the one without the black mold seal......
Will be good to see ya again.....
Cleveland, Ohio

FEC w/ IQ4

Old 05-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #11
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2CANQUE View Post
I put it in a airtight sealed bag, should still be good.....half asleep, nah, was well rested in my...ooops, check that, your new trailer.....the one without the black mold seal......
Will be good to see ya again.....

copy that.... and the more I think about it, what is wrong with black and white... that is what I have on the floor... so, why not on the outside as well??? I might just have to do some designer painting to make it blend in.... naw.... just give it time, it will "grow" on it....

So, should I bring my new trailer, that looks exactly like yours, up early and park it for you??? And yes, the coffee should be fine. Just to make sure, I bought another coffee grinder this evening.... You can have your instant in the morning, and I will have some fresh ground and think of you.... nothing like fresh ground, fresh brewed in the morning...
2 UGLY drum smokers
Super fast RED Thermapen
KCBS Certified Judge

Old 05-02-2009, 10:48 PM   #12
RixCue
Full Fledged Farker

I am going to stumble in after noon Friday , get the coffee ready Bill. I think I can find the mold shack coffee house. I think it has lime green on white , a dayglo thing ,does it glow in the dark so I can find it at night ?That was some good stuff you had last year at the church cook off Bill. I think this is year six there in Danville for me . I dont get time to make it to many but Danville is got to do , one of the best for sure. It is a big family there.

Rick
Elite Black Therapen, The Fastest
Full bag of R/O lump
RixCue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2009, 03:20 PM   #13
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I'm looking forward to this one I've heard a lot of good things about it. I'll be cooking as Dirty Smoke on borrowed equipment, flying in on Thursday night.

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #14
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RixCue View Post
I am going to stumble in after noon Friday , get the coffee ready Bill. I think I can find the mold shack coffee house. I think it has lime green on white , a dayglo thing ,does it glow in the dark so I can find it at night ?That was some good stuff you had last year at the church cook off Bill. I think this is year six there in Danville for me . I dont get time to make it to many but Danville is got to do , one of the best for sure. It is a big family there.

Rick
I will be up for a while after work on Friday. I have to go to Greensboro on Saturday.

Rob with, Them Ohio City Boys BBQ Competition Team, has a couple of bags of my fresh, well almost, coffee that I left with him in Kings Mountain a couple of weeks ago. Maybe you could persuade him to let you have a cup or two... maybe I will bring you a bag and you can "share" with him... he has a coffee maker that he "had" in his trailer, but didn't make it, so he is suppose to bring it this time....

So, you need me to bring my trailer up for you to use, is that what you are saying???

BTW, any luck with that lump I left with you? I haven't even tried mine yet....still have abt 15 more bags of RO to go through first.
2 UGLY drum smokers
Super fast RED Thermapen
KCBS Certified Judge

Old 05-04-2009, 12:49 AM   #15
RixCue
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke-n-my-i's View Post
I will be up for a while after work on Friday. I have to go to Greensboro on Saturday.

Rob with, Them Ohio City Boys BBQ Competition Team, has a couple of bags of my fresh, well almost, coffee that I left wi'th him in Kings Mountain a couple of weeks ago. Maybe you could persuade him to let you have a cup or two... maybe I will bring you a bag and you can "share" with him... he has a coffee maker that he "had" in his trailer, but didn't make it, so he is suppose to bring it this time....

So, you need me to bring my trailer up for you to use, is that what you are saying???

BTW, any luck with that lump I left with you? I haven't even tried mine yet....still have abt 15 more bags of RO to go through first.
I think the lump will have to sit here until after Danville . I am getting the knives sharp ,sounds like I have some work cut out for me! I just came in from a rib cook, and I work Monday!!!"almost 2 am " I think I will cook every day until May 17th!
Elite Black Therapen, The Fastest
Full bag of R/O lump
RixCue is offline   Reply With Quote