I think I'm Cracking up!

Too bad about the deductible. I would check that fine print and see if there is any way to get them to do something outside of the deductible. That seems like shoddy handling and not something that could not have been avoided (where a deductible would normally play in).

Sorry to hear about the mishap Jed!

What a piece of junk! One little move across and ocean and it cracks!

Give me a good old Weber any day!

Nice ribs though, those seem to be just fine.

Where do you get that bovine rub from? Is there a particular kind that you recommend? What kind of wood do you recommend with those?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to smoking and have never done ribs. I have some ribs from a pig a buddy raised. I've been saving them and don't want to ruin them. Any advice would be great.

I get it from The BBQ Superstore, Plowboys Bovine Bold, some good stuff. I also recommend Yardbird, like it more for pork than BB

So delicious! :hungry:

So are you breaking up with your UFO? Sorry, didn't mean to crack a joke. (Ooops, well that fell through the cracks.)

Well, if the only thing that broke in an entire shipping container was that fire bowl, I'd say you came out ahead there, Jed. Shame still, but Hell. The cooker itself survived. :thumb:

Well, if the only thing that broke in an entire shipping container was that fire bowl, I'd say you came out ahead there, Jed. Shame still, but Hell. The cooker itself survived. :thumb:
So right you are Guerre! :-D

Wondering if JB Weld or other high temp product could be used to repair this, or would fumes be as issue?

You must use that bad boy a lot as it looks like your gaskets are toast.

Great repair recovery and good looking ribs.
JB weld would work but there are a bunch of small fractures as well. I have new gaskets that vision sent me after they saw my old ones in a picture online. They sent me an email and within a couple of days I got the new gaskets free of charge in the mail.

Back