Lazy Man's Spare Ribs Score!

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I just picked up about 15 slabs of frozen St. Louis trimmed spares from a local sale for $2.49 a pound.

I put them in my freezer and have two slabs thawing tonight.

You can't get BBs for that price around here and these are already trimmed St. Louis style spares.

There are several stores in the chain and one of them was out when I went to buy some this morning and so I got a rain check. So, I will be getting a few more in the coming weeks. :thumb:

I'm happy plus I won't have to trim the ribs. Plus, I don't have to buy two slabs of untrimmed ribs when I am just cooking for myself and my wife which is always too much for us to eat by ourselves. Two slabs of untrimmed ribs is the best deal I can get in my town outside of these St. Louis trimmed spares that popped up just for the July 4 weekend.

:clap2:

Last edited:
BBs around here are $3.99 to $4.99/lb

I'm paying $2.97/lb for SLS spares in cryovac, but the meat cutters are doing a pretty good job at the trim jobs, nice symmetric slabs, and very meaty, they've been averaging around 3.25lb per slab, sometimes up to 3.75, and very evenly spread on the whole rack.

Just put on two 3.5 pounders earlier:

July3ribs001.jpg

They still only took 4 hours to cook, 1 1/4 hours @ 250, then bumped it up to 300 till done. Never peeked till the weeping started to subside, and they were just about there. Some of my best work yet, or we'll see in an hour when I pull 'em out of the cooler.

Here is a pic of my freezer right now.

picture.php

SAveRite which is owned by Winn Dixie had them on sale here for $2.18 / LB. But they didn't have a lot.

Those look great!:thumb: Nothing better than having part of the work done for ya ahead of time!:cool:

I just started seeing St. Louis cut here - loving it! Starting to see more CAB beef too - it's a good thing!

Back