MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:40 PM   #76
SmittyJonz
somebody shut me the fark up.

I think they should put out a few colors of PBC. A Red one , Blue One and Yellow.
I'd order a Yellow one for sure.

Let's cuss and discuss the Brinkman Gourmet now.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #77
Bluesman
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmaster T View Post
I can only assume who your talking about but I have it from the highest authority that the person also frustrated a distributor to the extent they pulled out of selling the PBC for a while.

As long as people keep chiming in with the same arguments that I have never seen applied to any other smoker... That the PBC CAN BE BUILT at a fraction of the cost of a 85, 55, 35 gallon UDS is simply committing a strawman fallacy. That is not the point.... The point has always been... If u don't want to buy all the stuff, burn the drum out, repaint it, cut holes and buy hole saws and drills, brass couplings, black pipe, racks and ****.... Buy the PBC AND GET ON WITH BBQ LIFE. And just because I wrote THE article in Smoke Signals saying its a PERFECT entry level smoker for the novice who is not as OCD as we are about BBQ... MAY or may not make me a troll. Lol....

Where's my rub mr. Noah
Donnie you condemned IT and him on the onset. ...then come back to praise IT. .....Noah give him his 25 pounds of silver.
2010 Brick Red Touch n' Go Performer
Kitchen stove
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2014, 06:50 PM   #78
RevZiLLa
is Blowin Smoke!

Learn your smoker and you can do just about anything with it.

Now, I have never used a UDS or a PBC, but could someone explain the difference between them and a ECB to me? At first glance they may be similar with some simple mods. I am not putting down the PBC or the UDS! Members here have PROVEN that they turn out great Q. Those who are experienced with the cookers may have insights that I would like to learn.

Brinkman water smokers (elec and charcoal)
Weber kettle grill
Uniflame Gold Stainless 5 burner propane grill / rotisserie
BBQ Grillware upright propane water smoker
A trench filled with wood coals and covered with chain link fence
RevZiLLa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2014, 06:54 PM   #79
16Adams

Ok-as a front line proponent of the PBC, maybe I should build a UDS.

Where do I find, and how do I connect the horse shoes????

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-02-2014, 06:56 PM   #80
majake
Found some matches.

Im not sure what makes people think that the PBC isn't adjustable. It's advertised that you don't have to if you don't want to, but you can if you want to. The vent is not welded in place, it's adjustable. The rods can be taken out for more exhaust. There is even a guy that snipped out half the grates so he can cook on the grate and hang stuff at the same time. It's not a big deal.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:07 PM   #81
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
Donnie you condemned IT and him on the onset. ...then come back to praise IT. .....Noah give him his 25 pounds of silver.
And flooded the rusty assed murther with 3000 gallons of water on video to condemn it also... Don't forget that.

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2014, 07:10 PM   #82
Bluesman
Babbling Farker

Quote:
And flooded the rusty assed murther with 3000 gallons of water on video to condemn it also... Don't forget that.
Meh.........video that took an hour to get to the MEAT.
Kitchen stove

Old 01-02-2014, 07:12 PM   #83
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZiLLa View Post

Now, I have never used a UDS or a PBC, but could someone explain the difference between them and a ECB to me? At first glance they may be similar with some simple mods. I am not putting down the PBC or the UDS! Members here have PROVEN that they turn out great Q. Those who are experienced with the cookers may have insights that I would like to learn.
Stoop
... A ECB IS JUST a Warmer version of an Oyler without the rotisserie, 3950 lbs while simultaneously attempting to mimic the properties of a UDS holding the PBC with a weber placed just northwest of he hammer which the Father place there only just the night before.

Edict.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:12 PM   #84
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
Meh.........video that took an hour to get to the MEAT.
With the 12 minute lead in.

Edict.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:16 PM   #85
Arristillius
Got Wood.

Quote:
Oh I see. Here is the answer.

He admits he has no experience... Like I did when I was spouting my bull**** before I got one, and when he had access to one... Lol... He could not get it to work right.

Oh yeah... And his friends don't listen to him either.

Now about me as a monk.. He has that right. My membership here under this name and barbefunkoramaque had been one long fark job... One loooooong troll set up. You have all been part of the ruse. I was planing this even before Noah thought of this.

Now... I think all his defense of the product is worth a five pound bag of Noah's rub. How's that for spam?

Did you actually read what I wrote? the part where I spent two weekends helping my friend learn how to use his 30 gallon drum smoker with added rebar?

The problem he was having was figuring out how to make brisket like I did, how I do it on my uds is get the smoker running at 275-300, put on the meat with a probe in it, I check it after 3-4 hours or when the temp hits a stall to see if the bark is looking good, then I wrap it in butcher paper and give it another hour or so and start probing, and then it gets to rest on the counter for 30-40 minutes or in a cooler for 3-4 hours depending on the day and how fast it cooks / scheduling.

So I walked him through my method and then he bought a "pbc"/30 gallon UDS, and he misjudged the grate size, he figured he could just do a brisket on the grate, but his brisket was as big as the grate, so he called me and we hung it and cooked it.

Cooking on a grate it is easy to wrap the meat, I put some paper next to the hunk of meat, slide the meat on top, wrap and close the lid.

but with the brisket hanging I have to remove the meat using the hooks, lay it down on something like a cookie sheet, wrap it, re-hook it, and return it, I think it is more awkward than it needs to be, unless you have no space for a full size drum I just don't see the reason to make things harder than they need to be.

Like I said the results were decent, it is of course a drum just like mine, only smaller and with rebar, I just don't think it is beginner friendly, and I don't know why an "expert" would want to buy a pre built UDS
Arristillius is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2014, 07:19 PM   #86
Bluesman
Babbling Farker

Quote:
With the 12 minute lead in.
Meh.......11.5 minutes to long.....get to da point brother.
Kitchen stove

Old 01-02-2014, 07:23 PM   #87
Fwismoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZiLLa View Post

There's just so much you can do with some imagination. My Jumbo mini is a PBC, UDS, and grill or sear machine all rolled into one....under 200 bucks and extremely portable. Still love the 30 gallon UDS as a stand alone though...building one that smokes, grills and sears similar to the Big Poppa....can hang meat too.

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2014, 07:24 PM   #88
RevZiLLa
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Stoop
... A ECB IS JUST a Warmer version of an Oyler without the rotisserie, 3950 lbs while simultaneously attempting to mimic the properties of a UDS holding the PBC with a weber placed just northwest of he hammer which the Father place there only just the night before.
The Father touched the ECB?!!

Brinkman water smokers (elec and charcoal)
Weber kettle grill
Uniflame Gold Stainless 5 burner propane grill / rotisserie
BBQ Grillware upright propane water smoker
A trench filled with wood coals and covered with chain link fence
RevZiLLa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #89
Bluesman
Babbling Farker

Quote:
I can only assume who your talking about but I have it from the highest authority that the person also frustrated a distributor to the extent they pulled out of selling the PBC for a while.

As long as people keep chiming in with the same arguments that I have never seen applied to any other smoker... That the PBC CAN BE BUILT at a fraction of the cost of a 85, 55, 35 gallon UDS is simply committing a strawman fallacy. That is not the point.... The point has always been... If u don't want to buy all the stuff, burn the drum out, repaint it, cut holes and buy hole saws and drills, brass couplings, black pipe, racks and ****.... Buy the PBC AND GET ON WITH BBQ LIFE. And just because I wrote THE article in Smoke Signals saying its a PERFECT entry level smoker for the novice who is not as OCD as we are about BBQ... MAY or may not make me a troll. Lol....

Where's my rub mr. Noah
Donnie stay on point. You condemned the man for taking money and being a whore for the PBC and then come back and post a "I am in Love the PBC" video.......I have no issue with the PBC, however you chastise it and then praise it in video..............So who is getting paid........Mmmmmmmm. And then you gut and castrated a very good Brother with some REALLY good posts that got to THE POINT,.............Oh well
Kitchen stove

Old 01-02-2014, 09:51 PM   #90
NewEnglandQ
Full Fledged Farker

Default Please don't judge...

When I was younger, I had more time than money and would have probably built an UDS had I been into BBQ at that time, I currently have more money than time and bought a PBC. I am sure at some point in my life, the dynamic will reverse and I look forward to the day when I have nothing better to do than spend a few days building a new BBQ from scratch to save a few bucks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arristillius View Post
Crap like this thread is why I have to warn friends who are getting into BBQ about the over priced mini uds that is the "pbc" before they fall victim to the spam posts here and on craigslist.

I can't search anything BBQ related on craigslist without seeing it, I wouldn't mind it here if it was more than just a couple users reiterating the same pitch in nearly every post.
Traeger 075
Jenn Air Gasser
Grand Hall Smoker
Smith & Wesson Pellet Bullet
Fire Magic Built-in Charcoal Grill
NewEnglandQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pbc pit barrel cooker