Am I the last person on earth...

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
...to discover the benefit of a hanging spice rack?!?! This is sooooo much easier/better than storing my stuff in a cabinet!!! Just hangs/mounts to the back of our pantry door.
ce459cd90c1ad95e7bacb1653e5c0325.jpg
fca0751bc0c1a9e78b9c1cf8c43c90dd.jpg

i had my own pantry, but that got repurposed for other stuff, so we compromised with a spice rack on the door like that one and a shelf in the normal pantry.

I have two of those racks but use them for can goods because our pantry is a bit too far away from our kitchen, its just not practical to walk that far to grab spices while cooking.

Much easier than the cabinet! I was digging through the cabinet this morning knocking 5 or 6 bottles out on the counter...:frusty:...wishing I had one of those! Just no door to hang it on in the kitchen. Oh well.

Much easier than the cabinet! I was digging through the cabinet this morning knocking 5 or 6 bottles out on the counter...:frusty:...wishing I had one of those! Just no door to hang it on in the kitchen. Oh well.
Do you have a wall or the side of a cabinet? Growing up, it seemed that everyone had a spice rack fastened to the side of a cabinet or wall.

I have a similar problem with an over packed cabinet and having to move 4-5 jars to get what I need. I've had a "BBQ Command Center" planned for a few months now. Coming this spring/summer so stay tuned.

Do you have a wall or the side of a cabinet? Growing up, it seemed that everyone had a spice rack fastened to the side of a cabinet or wall.

I have a wall that is open, but not very much space. No cabinets available. We used to keep them in a drawer until we moved the cabinet around.

Our daily spices are kept the same as yours.
Meat prep stuff is in a spare room

Could not help but notice the Slap Ya Mamma ! Go out and slay one of those salty crocks. What a Great BBQ it would make! :becky:

Could not help but notice the Slap Ya Mamma ! Go out and slay one of those salty crocks. What a Great BBQ it would make! :becky:

Wish you could taste the sausage we make with this.Been importing it for about ten years, we can buy it local now.
Originally came from Bebs place, through the Ragin Cajun network
I got told by an American Lady that it tasted like her Kielbasa or similar.

The only thing I don't love about my house is the small kitchen. My "pantry" is down in the basement, for canned goods and such. My spice rack fits on a wall in the dining room, but only has space for the most common spices and herbs that I use in every day cooking.

46223448215_569ec3709e_z.jpg

Bigger jars like rubs are stuffed in a cabinet under a counter and not really accessible without getting on my hands and knees. This thread has given me some ideas - I do have room on the wall in my stairwell. Close enough to the kitchen without going downstairs.

It's a slippery slope. Before you know it, the rubs accumulate.

At this rate, I'm going to have to come up with a solution soon. I even have two types of SPOG now.

picture.php

Back