MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
JiveTurkey
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : JT
Default Need Ideas for Bachelorette Party, Italian Style

Oh boy this is gonna be FUN!

I was recently asked to come up with ideas for cooking a bachelorette party with an Italian theme. Other than chicken and pasta salad plus garlic bread I'm kind of at loss for ideas. I'm not italian and don't cook a whole lot of italian food so coming up with a menu is causing mental block. Or maybe the thought of cooking for 50 ladies is causing the blood to leave my brain! lol. Any ideas out there?

To cook it I have a medium spicewine and a weber kettle for a grill. So far I have not proposed a menu or price. Just ideas for now. Trying to avoid the typical "guy menu" of pulled pork and brisket sammies. I'm thinking pretty and fancy.

If anyone can help a brother out I'm all ears.

Grazi!

Last edited by JiveTurkey; 02-28-2012 at 04:35 PM..
JiveTurkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
Paulmark
is One Chatty Farker

Hey JT, I'd do bruschetta a few ways(a tapenade, whitebean/rosemary, tomato/garlic/basil), fresh fruit with a mascapone dip(infused with honey and ginger?) maybe. Maybe grilled stuffed baby squid. Deep fried ravioli with red sauce, mini meatballs. Beef skewers with rosemary and garlic and lemon. I'd keep it kinda finger food. Good luck, there's a million of things you could do. These are some of the things I've done.

PS The fruit and dip was huge, also veggies with Italian inspired dips

Old 03-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
LoneStar Smoke Rangers
On the road to being a farker

I lived in Italy for Grad School and found that one of the best tasting things in this world is the Tuscan Porchetta.

It is a whole pig deboned from the neck down, then filled with Italian Sausage, pesto, onions, peppers, etc. You can fill it with anything that tastes good with pork.

It is then roasted like a whole hog. The size will depend on your pit. When it is done you carve it like a roast. You can do a suckling pig as well if size is a problem.

There is lots of information online. I've done lots of these and it is always a crowd pleaser and a great centerpiece.
LoneStar Smoke Rangers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
JiveTurkey
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : JT

Thanks for the ideas fellas. I like the idea of skewers, I can run with that. A suckling pig would probably get me in trouble with PETA out here but an adaptation I could try is a pork loin stuffed like you described then smoked in the pit, make pinwheels. Yea it's getting a little clearer now. Thanks again. Got my mind racing now.

Last edited by JiveTurkey; 03-01-2012 at 06:45 PM..
JiveTurkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

pork loin yes, pig head, no.

the women I know like to eat meat, but, want it is smaller portions, so skewers makes sense. I also would consider grilled veggies, expecially grilled red bell peppers, squash, mushrooms etc...stuffed mushrooms are a pain, but, always a big hit.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2012, 07:54 AM   #6
Bearbonez
On the road to being a farker

I have on several occasions made a roullade, Italian style. I use a thin cut of skirt steak and season with SnP. place a layer of each...provolone or mozz, proscuitto, sun dried tomato, roasted red pepper and fresh basil leaves. Roll it up and smoke for about 1 1/2 hours and cut into slices. I serve with pesto.
I have cooked as an appetizer, but no reason you couldn't cut into thicker slices or change cut of beef. Just make sure if the cut has a defined grain that you roll it so the slices are cut across the grain.

Gator BYCC 24"
Weber 22.5" kettle
Bearbonez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

I'm thinkin' big Italian sausage link with a side of two meatballs.

Could be fun!

Big BarBChef built in to the Outdoor Kitchen, 2 Weber kettles, 1 UDS, Little Chief Electric, 2 Propane Fish Cookers/Turkey Fryers,
a swinging grate over my [COLOR=red]Fire pit,[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Big Pig Cooker, SJS, Big Easy Oil Less. Blackstone Pizza Oven[/COLOR]

"Nice talkin' to ya" :yo:
Garyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #8
LMAJ
somebody shut me the fark up.

All looks good so far.
How about Italian Beef sliders.
I agree with smaller portions - have fun!
1 Large BGE and table - 8/29/12
1300 Timberline 5/26/17
1 18.5 WSM
Super Fast BLUE and REDThermopen
1 - Fantastic hubby - the original Big Al
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. - Robert Brault
LMAJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #9
Diva Q
is one Smokin' Farker

I would do caprese salad skewers, grilled stuffed calamari, in addition to a rolled porchetta,

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...ipe/index.html

Porchetta
http://divaq.ca/tag/diva-q-porchetta

Grilled stuffed calamari
http://divaq.ca/grilled-stuffed-calamari

Checkout my new Cookbook on [URL="http://www.amazon.com/Diva-Qs-Barbecue-Recipes-Cooking/dp/0147529824"][B]AMAZON[/B][/URL]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][B]Life is too short for bad BBQ[/B][/SIZE]®[/CENTER]
Diva Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->