back at home with pics from waycross ga

douglaslizard

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
okay so we are back home and here goes the results,my brother and i got a 3rd in chicken and 9th in ribs. My wife entered the sweet potato pie comp and got 3rd pretty good for her first time entering .and the boys got 2nd in chicken and 3rd in pork chops with a GRAND CHAMPION finish.
002.jpg

ribs coming off
004-1.jpg

013.jpg

too much for my brother
007.jpg

little raymond injecting
011-1.jpg

pork chops
030.jpg

wifes 3rd place
tn.jpg

033.jpg

035.jpg

038.jpg

015.jpg

georgia bullhawgs _neighbors at the comp
thanks for looking

Congrats on your Grand Champion finish!

Nothing like an entire family for your team.

Hey DLizard,

It was nice to meet you and congrats on you guys racking up. Great job.

I am sorry if my buddy kept you guys up, as he got Captian Morgan-ized and I was not happy with him at all, then when I went for a walk to use the restroom, and speak to some friends, I came back and instead of putting more wood on the offset, he put it in the fire barrell. That resulted in a pit with no fire in it, and I could have chewed nails.

After cooking on that pit for 2 years now, that was the worst BBQ to come off of it, and at a friggin competition no less. I wish I could say I had a good time, but I didn't other than meeting your family. Next year, I will be on my own cooker, by myself. Maybe we can get hooked up for it, and enjoy each others company. A few guys from my church asked me to let them know next year when I go out and compete.

I also see that you live in Willacoochee, I live in Millwood, so we aint to far apart.

Back